2017-2018: Baylor PA Program

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a situation to ask y'all advice on. My email recently got hacked, so I haven't received emails for the past week and just fixed it yesterday. Unfortunately, the hacker also deleted all my emails. I'm concerned that if I did receive some sort of email from Baylor that I missed it. Should I email them about this situation or just wait till December? I got accepted into another program, but I want to keep my options open. Did anyone receive actual interview invites or have they just sent out rejections and waitlist emails? thanks for the help!

23 minutes ago, megrara10 said:

I have a situation to ask y'all advice on. My email recently got hacked, so I haven't received emails for the past week and just fixed it yesterday. Unfortunately, the hacker also deleted all my emails. I'm concerned that if I did receive some sort of email from Baylor that I missed it. Should I email them about this situation or just wait till December? I got accepted into another program, but I want to keep my options open. Did anyone receive actual interview invites or have they just sent out rejections and waitlist emails? thanks for the help!

Definitely call and just explain that to them. They take forever to respond to email and they're always really nice and helpful over the phone.

11 hours ago, ellendiane27 said:

Just got waitlisted for an interview! Anyone else get an actual interview? They even gave an expected interview date if I'm invited. Good luck to everyone!

Did ya'll get waitlist emails or a letter in the mail?

Just curious because I have two different addresses.

Thank you!

Got waitlisted! Ayeeee it's not a no! Keep your heads up and keep telling yourself it's not a no. :D

Anyone know how interview waitlists move? I know acceptance waitlists move pretty quickly because people will accept different offers. But for interview waitlists, usually people will still go to all of their interviews before making a decision.. unless they already got accepted into a different program and no longer want to interview. I'm just thinking how these interview spots will actually open up.

5 hours ago, txpaseeker said:

I'm wondering, has anyone actually been invited to an interview?  It seems strange that they are wait listing people before they send out interview invitations. 

So my guess is that they want to develop a waitlist before they send out the interviews to make the process more efficient on their part. By having a waitlist beforehand, now, when they send out interviews, as people reject them (previous acceptances, etc), they can move down their waitlist more easily.

They already have their interview lists made of course. But instead of juggling things around and making a new waitlist as people reject, they can just go down their list and offer interviews as people reject them.

Now why did they send out waitlist emails before interview invites?? Who knows. Sense of hope? Maybe a protocol to start interview invites first Monday of the Decemeber?

1 hour ago, imrmaknojia said:

To people who got waitlisted mind sharing your stats

GPA: 3.2

GRE Verbal: 155
GRE Quant: 159

EMT: 216 hours

Volunteer - Hospital and Religious Youth Group: 156 hours

Professional Tissue/Organ Recovery Experience: 1360 hours (as of application submission date)

PA Shadowing: 15 hours

I reached out and asked if they have a ranking system for alternates--got a responses saying that it's a very dynamic process and no such thing exists/can be released. Totally fair, and it's kind of fun knowing that it's a dynamic process--anything can happen!

Congrats to everyone interviewing (though please feel free to cancel so I have a better shot of getting an invite ;) ).

Archived