2017-2018: Baylor PA Program

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone!

Good luck this cycle! I wanted to apply to Baylor this cycle, however I was afraid of the minimal for the GRE. They said they would not take students who didn't meet their GRE minimal requirements. At this point I am not considering taking the GRE again, as my score has not had any bearing on my other applications. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks @majetito and @imrmaknojia. I know your application is suppose to be "holistic". My GRE score is under 300, but on the other hand I have a Masters degree, and I had four interviews last cycle with waitlist. This year I was really wanting to apply here, but I don't want to waste, if they aren't going to consider my app due to minimal GRE requirements. I will reach out one last time...

Thanks for your advice! Good luck everyone!

Hi all, 
I did not see a link for the 2017-2018 cycle, so I figured I would start one here. Has anyone heard back from Baylor regarding applications? Good luck!

Based on last year, they will send a confirmation email that they received all your materials, but don't even send out invitations for interviews until December-January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if we need to have the required GPA's by the sept 1st deadline?

I was on interview waitlist here last year, but now that they changed the requirement, I have just below that for science, like justtt below. I am taking classes this fall that will put me well over, so I'm wondering if i will be cut right off the bat, or if since they don't interview until December if they would take into account the grades/new gpa from this Fall?

I will ask them this on Monday, but just checking here first to save time on finishing supp essays. Thanks

On 8/12/2017 at 1:41 PM, kcaspa77 said:

Does anyone know if we need to have the required 3.2 GPA's by the sept 1st deadline?

I was on interview waitlist here last year, but now that they changed the requirement, I have just below that for science, like justtt below. I am taking classes this fall that will put me well over, so I'm wondering if i will be cut right off the bat, or if since they don't interview until December if they would take into account the grades/new gpa from this Fall?

I will ask them this on Monday, but just checking here first to save time on finishing supp essays. Thanks

I honestly don't know the answer to that but I would think they would consider it since the interviews were sent out in Jan last cycle. I was also wait listed for the interview :( Did you re-write your personal essay completely, or just edited it a little? Hoping that they do take your new gpa into account and you can get in this time...Good luck!  

I am presuming that if you do not have the 3.2 overall and science that your application would be thrown out? 3.12 and 3.15 respectfully would not meet this standards so why waste my money even though I was wait listed to interview last year? 

I would imagine it's a line in the sand unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, wxwin93 said:

Where is the supplemental application? Do we have to submit CASPA first and then we receive it?

The supplemental essays are incorporated into CASPA (go to the Program Materials area, click on Baylor, then click on the "Questions" tab). There's a link to the login to pay the supplemental app fee on that same tab.

Just now, Mantenso said:

The supplemental essays are incorporated into CASPA (go to the Program Materials area, click on Baylor, then click on the "Questions" tab). There's a link to the login to pay the supplemental app fee on that same tab.

Thanks so much!! I just wanted to make sure because last year's supplemental was from an outside link and had like 5 essays. This is so much better! Yay! 

• 1 month later...

I've been wait listed for an interview by Baylor twice. Both times, they didn't even send out invites until mid December. They have a pretty good system going and haven't given any indication that it changed this year. Think of it as an early Christmas present if/when you get the good news. 

On 10/8/2017 at 8:24 PM, kg8868 said:

I've been wait listed for an interview by Baylor twice. Both times, they didn't even send out invites until mid December. They have a pretty good system going and haven't given any indication that it changed this year. Think of it as an early Christmas present if/when you get the good news. 

Did they tell you what number you were on the waitlist? Did you ever get to interview?

I interviewed last year and was notified in mid December about an interview and interviewed in January. Which will be how it'll be this year I'm guessing since previous years that's how it's been as well.

24 minutes ago, tx329 said:

Did they tell you what number you were on the waitlist? Did you ever get to interview?

I interviewed last year and was notified in mid December about an interview and interviewed in January. Which will be how it'll be this year I'm guessing since previous years that's how it's been as well.

No they never gave me a number and also no to the interview. It is Baylor so I'm not really shocked or upset that the wait list doesn't move much. 

You can, however, email them for feedback on your application once you've been wait listed. They gave me some really good advice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived