This may be a silly question.. Does anyone work from home? I have been working in pain management for 3 years and recently had a baby. I love my job but have also been trying to think of ways to be home a little more.. Has anyone gotten into telemedicine? Or has anyone done some form of stay at home work? I know rns have several opportunities such as triage or case management but I am unsure if a PA could be hired for that type of work.. I don't want to waste my degree as when my LO gets older ill want to re-enter the field... Thoughts?

I've seen some insurance review type jobs. But, beware, that many have a stipulation that you have outside child care available and have daytime meetings as well as strict daily deadlines. So, while you are working from home, this doesn't necessarily afford you more time with your child.

3 hours ago, camoman1234 said:

-The ability to commute into a local One Medical Group office at least 2 times a week

This does not seem work from home...providers like me could not do this as I work in rural family medicine...

In the past they have had 100% work form home positions as I knew a PA in Hawaii who had such a position. 

Aside from insurance review, I don't really get the work from home idea for a PA.

We are hands-on medical practitioners who need to touch patients. READ IN - I hate telemedicine - see other threads.

I have looked for insurance review jobs and haven't found any - wanted a side thing for extra money.

Otherwise, I am of the opinion that we have to touch folks and make diagnoses and such.

I am old and really do not relish the loss of face to face contact and don't think I could replace patient visits with Skype or whatever. 

Maybe drug company research phone calls or review. Maybe paralegal chart review services but they usually want you in the office with the 100 lbs of files.

Good luck - let us know what you find.

On 02.07.2017 at 6:19 PM, Nxharper said:

This may be a silly question.. Does anyone work from home? I have been working in pain management for 3 years and recently had a baby. I love my job but have also been trying to think of ways to be home a little more.. Has anyone gotten into telemedicine? Or has anyone done some form of stay at home work? I know rns have several opportunities such as triage or case management but I am unsure if a PA could be hired for that type of work.. I don't want to waste my degree as when my LO gets older ill want to re-enter the field... Thoughts?

I`ve been working for a long period, and I continue to do these. Unfortunately, I can say it`s difficult for me to work at home because of the children and their wishes. But for self-development, it`s very important to do something except householding chores and mother role. Good luck!:)

Archived