Case Western 2017-2018 Application Process

56 minutes ago, bananaapple said:

Hi, sorry everyone, we were on break and I took a break from the laptop for a while! Congrats on all the interviews! 

I haven't heard anything about interviews for this year, but I can tell you about how it was last year. First we had an introduction to the program from our program director, Professor Lord. After that, they split us up and you interview with a bunch of people. Every interviewee interviewed with 3 people/pairs of people, but no one had the same exact people. It was a little confusing. So I interviewed with one person, then had a second interview with 2 people, then had a third interview with 2 more people, with a short break somewhere in there. Then we met the current class, had lunch, and wrote a short essay.

Good luck to everyone!

Thank you for the response! That eases my anxieties a little just because my college roommate just had an interview day at a periodontics program that consisted of 16 different interviews which would pretty much be my worst nightmare! 3 isn't so bad though!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, bananaapple said:

I believe 3 or 4 sessions (one a month) for a class of 30-something. 

Where did you find the targeted class size? I can't find it on the website. I also was wondering if they have matriculating class profile. I think this cycle is for their 2nd incoming class, but I'm just curious.

10 hours ago, tjl2888 said:

Where did you find the targeted class size? I can't find it on the website. I also was wondering if they have matriculating class profile. I think this cycle is for their 2nd incoming class, but I'm just curious.

I'm a current student! This cycle is for the third incoming class. I think they're thinking around 36-38. What kind of info would you be interested in for a profile?

4 minutes ago, bananaapple said:

I'm a current student! This cycle is for the third incoming class. I think they're thinking around 36-38. What kind of info would you be interested in for a profile?

Do you recall how many people interviewed last year? Roughly? I read on the website that interviews go from Sept-December. Were there people from the later interviews who became part of the class, or are they interviewing for waitlist spots?

Just now, tjl2888 said:

Do you recall how many people interviewed last year? Roughly? I read on the website that interviews go from Sept-December. Were there people from the later interviews who became part of the class, or are they interviewing for waitlist spots?

So in my interview there were about 15 people and there were two interviews per day, so roughly 30 people per day. I know several people from the November interview that are in my class and at least 1 from December. There were a few people put on the waitlist from earlier interviews that are also in my class. 

Just now, bananaapple said:

So in my interview there were about 15 people and there were two interviews per day, so roughly 30 people per day. I know several people from the November interview that are in my class and at least 1 from December. There were a few people put on the waitlist from earlier interviews that are also in my class. 

Thank you. That makes me feel a lot better. 

Does anyone know how many interview sessions will be held? From the interview dates people have posted, it seems that there is only one interview day per month sept, oct, nov, dec? So I'm assuming there are 4 interview sessions? 

Just trying to gauge my odds here :) I'm guessing they will interview 30 students 4 times, so our odds are about 30 seats out of 120 applicants? 1 in 4 chance? 

14 hours ago, abp_520 said:

Does anyone know how many interview sessions will be held? From the interview dates people have posted, it seems that there is only one interview day per month sept, oct, nov, dec? So I'm assuming there are 4 interview sessions? 

Just trying to gauge my odds here :) I'm guessing they will interview 30 students 4 times, so our odds are about 30 seats out of 120 applicants? 1 in 4 chance? 

You also have to consider when your interview is. If you're interviewing the first session, that is when there are the most seats available. Earlier a current student said they are going for 36-38 students. Has the first interview happen yet? 

16 minutes ago, tjl2888 said:

You also have to consider when your interview is. If you're interviewing the first session, that is when there are the most seats available. Earlier a current student said they are going for 36-38 students. Has the first interview happen yet? 

Yes this is pretty accurate. Most people will be pulled from the first two interviews, but there will definitely still be seats open for Nov/Dec interviews!. First interview is this week and you'll get to meet all of the first years! 

7 hours ago, bananaapple said:

Yes this is pretty accurate. Most people will be pulled from the first two interviews, but there will definitely still be seats open for Nov/Dec interviews!. First interview is this week and you'll get to meet all of the first years! 

When you got accepted when did you find out ? What month?

thanks 

12 hours ago, tjl2888 said:

I believe my interview session this week Thursday is the first session. So excited and nervous! Case is my first choice !!! 

On 9/22/2017 at 11:08 AM, Cjp15 said:

I have an interview on 9/28 and fly in midday on the 27th- if anyone wants to get together that evening, I'd be game. I'm staying at one of the recommended hotels near campus. 

I'm flying in tomorrow afternoon for the interview on Thursday, I'm game! Staying in the Cleveland hostel

Hi all! Looking into applying for Case. I was wondering if the CV/RESUME potion on CASPA truly means to upload just a CV OR Resume? The description under it says required CV.. but the title says Resume so I am confused. I do not have a CV put together, but do have an updated resume so that's why I am wondering if I need to create a brand new CV in order to apply? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Archived