Case Western 2017-2018 Application Process

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I am a current student here at Case, so if anyone has any questions please ask! I remember how nervous I was, so everyone just relax and it will all be okay. They start accepting after the first interview, so it is in your best interest to have your app in early so you can get a spot in that first or second interview session. Good luck!

1 hour ago, bananaapple said:

Hey guys I am a current student here at Case, so if anyone has any questions please ask! I remember how nervous I was, so everyone just relax and it will all be okay. They start accepting after the first interview, so it is in your best interest to have your app in early so you can get a spot in that first or second interview session. Good luck!

Does anyone in your class have a GRE of around 293? My PCE is 12,000 and I have a 3.6 GPA. I'm wondering if Case is a stats heavy school or more holistic.

6 minutes ago, Pez said:

Does anyone in your class have a GRE of around 293? My PCE is 12,000 and I have a 3.6 GPA. I'm wondering if Case is a stats heavy school or more holistic.

Hmmm I am not sure of other peoples scores, however I think Case is very holistic and they would probably love your hours and GPA. My basic stats: GPA 3.6, true PCE >3000 hrs (not including HCE/shadowing), and GRE: 315. Our class average for PCE was 3000.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2017 at 7:41 PM, bananaapple said:

Hi, and thank you for being so helpful during this process! May I ask if you know (or can estimate based on your app cycle) when interview invites will start being sent out? Getting super anxious as you may see haha. 

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:22 AM, tjl2888 said:

Just wanted to confirm that there isn't a secondary application. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you require a supplemental application?

No, a supplemental application is NOT required at this time. If you have courses in progress at the time of your application to CASPA, you may have a transcript sent electronically (preferred) after completion of the course to PAProgram@case.edu or to the following address: Physician Assistant Program, CWRU, School of Medicine, Room T206, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106-4969.

21 hours ago, abp_520 said:

Hi, and thank you for being so helpful during this process! May I ask if you know (or can estimate based on your app cycle) when interview invites will start being sent out? Getting super anxious as you may see haha. 

Hello, this is straight from the email received from CWRU PA Program

Applicants offered an interview will be contacted to visit CWRU campus for a required in person interview on dates scheduled September- December.  If you are chosen for an interview, a PA Program Admissions team member will contact you directly via email to schedule your date and time.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:41 PM, bananaapple said:

Hello, I seen on the website that online courses will be considered on a case-by-case basis and must be pre-approved by the program. After I received my BS I had to take some courses to fulfill some prereqs so I took a couple of courses online and I am worried this may disqualify me? What do you think? None of the courses had labs

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, abp_520 said:

Just received an interview Invitation for 9/28! <3 So ecstatic, this looks like it's going to be an amazing program and school! 

Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting ! I received an interview invite for 10/19!! I cannot wait ! 

Good of luck to everyone !!!! Hope you all get invites as well :)

19 hours ago, Sensa23 said:

I also just received an invitation to interview on 10/19! So excited, congratulations everyone! I will be traveling to CWRU a day early, so if you are in town and want to grab a bite to eat to calm the nerves let me know.

Submitted: 7/21

Verified: 7/22

Congrats!!! What were your stats? Including PCE?

On 7/27/2017 at 8:41 PM, bananaapple said:

I know you probably can't give away specifics but I have an interview scheduled in October for 7ish hours. I was wondering if you could tell me the format that your interview took place. I know some schools do group interviews, tours, one-on-one interviews, or a combination of any of the above and I think it would help calm my nerves to know a little of what to expect!

2 minutes ago, Aria23 said:

I know you probably can't give away specifics but I have an interview scheduled in October for 7ish hours. I was wondering if you could tell me the format that your interview took place. I know some schools do group interviews, tours, one-on-one interviews, or a combination of any of the above and I think it would help calm my nerves to know a little of what to expect!

What were your stats? Thanks!

Hi, sorry everyone, we were on break and I took a break from the laptop for a while! Congrats on all the interviews! 

I haven't heard anything about interviews for this year, but I can tell you about how it was last year. First we had an introduction to the program from our program director, Professor Lord. After that, they split us up and you interview with a bunch of people. Every interviewee interviewed with 3 people/pairs of people, but no one had the same exact people. It was a little confusing. So I interviewed with one person, then had a second interview with 2 people, then had a third interview with 2 more people, with a short break somewhere in there. Then we met the current class, had lunch, and wrote a short essay.

Good luck to everyone!

Archived