Baldwin Wallace University Pa Cycle 2017-2018

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, PAvball said:

Anyone know when they will begin offering interviews for this cycle?

I attended their information session a few weeks ago and I asked this exact question! They said they begin notifying people for interviews around August/September and they interview until around December. Last cycle they had their class list set by late January/early February. Essentially, if January rolls around and you haven't heard from them regarding an interview, then you're probably not going to get one. That's basically what I got out their response to me!

On 7/12/2017 at 8:36 PM, jabonir1 said:

I attended their information session a few weeks ago and I asked this exact question! They said they begin notifying people for interviews around August/September and they interview until around December. Last cycle they had their class list set by late January/early February. Essentially, if January rolls around and you haven't heard from them regarding an interview, then you're probably not going to get one. That's basically what I got out their response to me!

How they notify people about interviews in August/September if theirs deadline for the applications is November 1. 

On 7/15/2017 at 1:00 PM, makhachnabiev said:

How they notify people about interviews in August/September if theirs deadline for the applications is November 1. 

I attended BW for PA school and just graduated this past May. BW does rolling admissions, meaning they look at applications as they come in. They start inviting people for interviews before the deadline. 

Because there are multiple programs in the area, all school tend to interview before the deadline, or close to when the deadline is. They all are in competition for students in a sense. If one student goes to one program, they don't go to the others obviously. So schools want to get the best students out there for their program as soon as they can. 

Remember this when you interview at a program. You interview all programs just as much as they interview you on interview days. You both are assessing if you would be a good fit for the program. 

I absolutely recommend BW for PA school. The faculty are phenomenal and obviously produce great results. It's a newer programs, and it has a 100% first time pass rate for all three classes that have graduated so far. That's not an easy feat. You would be very well trained there. 

Good luck to everyone applying! Feel free to post on here or message me if you have any questions. I check this website periodically.  

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Nirai said:

Congrats! What were your stats?

Thank you!! I'm excited! I'm about to begin a new position as a nursing assistant on a hospital floor in addition to:

Undergrad Education: Ohio State University, Health Sciences major and Biology minor.

Cum undergrad GPA: 3.76

Science undergrad GPA: 3.7

GRE: 153 verbal, 156 quant, 4.0 writing.

Direct Patient Care : ~700 hours (Home Health Aide)

PA Shadow: 40 hours (3 different PA's)

Volunteer: ~250 hours (service trip, community center, hospital)

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:55 PM, AM1995 said:

Hello, does anyone know when the next interview will be held? Also, those who already were contacted for one, how long after receiving the email that the school was reviewing your application did you receive a call for an interview? 

I received an interview invite on September 26th after receiving a conformation email from BW on September 15th. Interviewing on 11/3!

I hope this helps!

On 10/12/2017 at 4:45 PM, kt2929 said:

I received an interview invite on September 26th after receiving a conformation email from BW on September 15th. Interviewing on 11/3!

I hope this helps!

Thanks so much, greatly appreciated! Hoping I get a call soon for an interview.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived