Pace University 2017-2018 Application Thread

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, WonderWall said:

Does it seem to you all that an interview has to be perfect to get an acceptance? I feel like I could answer some questions better or should have added something I missed and then I worry that you can't get accepted if you don't have a sterling quality interview. Any thoughts on this?

Best advice I was given before my interviews: interviewing is like giving a speech. There’s the speech you write, the speech you give, and then the speech you recite to yourself on the way home with everything you wish you had said. 

Dont dwell on it once it is done! Do your best. SMILE. Show them how excited you are to be there and how much you know both about their school and the profession. If I have learned anything throughout this process, it is that as long as you prepare as best as you can and put in your time/effort, everything will fall into place just as it’s meant to! 

4 hours ago, WonderWall said:

Does it seem to you all that an interview has to be perfect to get an acceptance? I feel like I could answer some questions better or should have added something I missed and then I worry that you can't get accepted if you don't have a sterling quality interview. Any thoughts on this?

I would say that if you've gotten the interview you've already proven that you are qualified to be in the program, on paper that is. You just have to show them that you are not afraid to be yourself and that you can bring some genuine qualities to the group. When asked questions about your life or your future the answer doesn't have to be about becoming a PA! Let them know something about your personal life like having your own apartment or traveling to places you've never been, etc. The interview is a great opportunity to show them youre a real person and not the typical science robot. 

Hello All, 

I am a current Pace PA LHH (aka NYC) student in the didactic year. I am on the forum to answer any questions you may have about acceptance or entrance into the program as best I can. As far as accepted students go, congratulations! I will be compiling a Facebook group come spring semester for those who have been accepted to talk with those who have also been accepted. It will be a great opportunity to find roommates, mingle with classmates, etc. Also, there will be a meet & greet set up for those who have been accepted during the spring here in NYC. Any questions you have please post them and I will try to respond as much as I can, but may be a little behind because of finals! So happy to see everyone who is interested in Pace or has been accepted thus far! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kalho said:

does anyone know if theres any kind of Facebook group we can join so we can all get to know each other? already antsy to meet everyone for next year!

I am a current student who will be in charge of putting the Facebook group together come February/March when everyone has been accepted into the program. Please do not start a Facebook group as I will be putting an official one together shortly. 

16 hours ago, FuturePhysicianAssistants said:

CurrentPacePAstudent, I read that we need to get a medical terminology, infection control and HIPAA certification before the program starts. Do we do all that around Feb-March as well? Please let us know. Thanks.

You will get plenty of information on what you will need to do in the upcoming months. Take the time now to relax and enjoy some free time while you can

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2017 at 8:28 AM, CurrentPacePAStudent said:

Hello All, 

I am a current Pace PA LHH (aka NYC) student in the didactic year. I am on the forum to answer any questions you may have about acceptance or entrance into the program as best I can. As far as accepted students go, congratulations! I will be compiling a Facebook group come spring semester for those who have been accepted to talk with those who have also been accepted. It will be a great opportunity to find roommates, mingle with classmates, etc. Also, there will be a meet & greet set up for those who have been accepted during the spring here in NYC. Any questions you have please post them and I will try to respond as much as I can, but may be a little behind because of finals! So happy to see everyone who is interested in Pace or has been accepted thus far! 

Hello CurrentPacePAStudent,

I've been accepted to Pace, and as much as I enjoyed my time and fell in love with the campus, I feel like I still need to get to know the program better- it started downpouring during our tour, and I think that may have cut things a bit short. Now that I've interviewed at few other schools, I have a few questions to see if Pace has some of the same features as other schools.

1) I loved how another program really focused on interprofessionalism. For example, both PT and PA students would work together on cadavers. This is beneficial because whereas PT students may know a bit more about muscles, the PA students may be able to help them with vasculature and nerves. 

2) Does Pace provide students with a pharmacology course, and would you say it's extensive? Another school I interviewed at had a great pharm course, and students would take this course with Pharm D students, again helping with the interprofessional aspect.

3) Do courses align well? As in- do topics covered in one course related well to the topics in other courses simultaneous. An example of this that I saw and loved at another program was, while the PA students were in the cardiology unit, they attended a pharmacology course that was focusing in on cardiac meds.

4) Do students get to work on an entire cadaver for the entire length of the anat & phys course? Have these cadavers been studied and used for courses in the past?

5) Are their many guest lecturers at Pace? If so, how do you feel about those guest lectures?

6) Are all lectures recorded? (So, if sick, one can view the lectures that they've missed)

7) How did you like your rotations? When at Pace I was told basically all the clerkships are located in NYC. Is there any leniency to this? For example, at another program, the directors negotiated with a student if they wished to be near their partner in another state for a few of their rotations.

8) Sorry to be so blunt with this question but I am hoping for honesty from a current student; would you say that Pace is overall at the same caliber, or better, than the other schools you looked at, or interviewed at? So far, do you feel like your didactic year has truly prepared you to work in the field?

Thank you so much for your answers and honesty- I really am hoping that Pace is a good match for me, and that I'm a good match for Pace! There are so many things that I absolutely loved about the program.

Best,

Rosie

• 2 weeks later...

Archived