Stats- Current students or recently accepted students

Hi! I was just wondering if anyone from the University of Saint Francis- New Mexico program can post their stats (GPA, Health Care Experience, etc.)

I didn't get in and I was wondering what to do to improve my chances.

Here's my info:

B.S. in Biology

Overall GPA: 3.75

Pre-requisite GPA- 3.5

Health Care Experience: 700+ hours as a physical therapy technician

I had not taken Microbiology, and I got an email from Tony Romero stating that he would like me to re-apply

Any info/opinions would be nice

• 3 weeks later...

Hey!

Looks like you are a great candidate.

I bet having Micro will up your chances easily.

My undergrad is in Mechanical Engineering

my pre req GPA was 4.0

I have three years of volunteer work at Presbyterian ER, Ambercare Hospice and at a Women's health clinic as a counselor and medical assistant.

Please let me know if you have any questions! :)

• 5 months later...

Hi. I am a bio major. My GPA is only a 3.45 but have a ton of experience as an EMT (have been one for almost 4 years). I have a lot of volunteer hours in hospitals, shelters and hospitals out of the country. I got an interview. Hoping I will get accepted! Hope this helps. Oh.. and my GRE scores were really bad ... :S So I think they took my experience into consideration

@dvnnov - the fact that you got an interview means they think you're capable of completing the program, so make sure you show the real you at your interview. I was a paramedic for 2 years and an EMT for 3, and the experience definitely came in to consideration I think... Now that you have the interview, the GPA and GRE aren't so big of a deal (and don't feel bad about the GRE, I got the minimum score too and they still picked me!) The interview is about seeing how well your talents, skills etc fit into the program and how the program fits you - if it's a match, you'll be golden!

Good luck, see you at your interview!

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got an interview probably by divine intervention. 3.45 overall GPA, 3.0 science GPA. Minimum requirement GRE score. I've been working as a Physical Therapy Tech for ~1 year now and have about 900 hours of work experience. Lots of volunteering and leadership experience from various clubs on campus. I think my volunteering and leadership + my personal statement is what got me the interview.

What about GRE scores? Their website says a score of at least 500 in both the verbal and quantitative portions plus a 4.0 verbal. I would like to apply buy my verbal score I took in 2009 was 460. Do you think it would be a wasn't of time to apply anyway? What did you guys get on your GRE?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived