TEXAS: Hardin-Simmons University 2017-2018 cycle

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/13/2017 at 7:46 PM, LauraFromtejas86 said:

Hi Everyone!

I have a few questions for those that have recently interviewed:

1) How was the interview process?

2) How many other applicants were interviewing with you?

3) Does anyone have an idea how many seats have already been filled of the 30?

Thanks and good luck to all!!!

1. Interview process was great! Very friendly staff and the interviews were conversational. One of the two interviews will either be with faculty or a community physician. We got to meet the current PA students at the end  of the day and they gave us a bunch of info too. 

2. I believe there was 20 or so in our group which was nice so we got to know most of each other. 

3. I am not sure on this one! Someone asked but didn't receive a definitive number. I imagine they will keep plenty of spots open until all the interviews are done, and then finish giving acceptances. So best of luck to everyone going to interview 11/3! There is still a great chance of getting in!

On 10/4/2017 at 8:32 PM, BrittneyB said:

I have an interview on OCT 13th as well and I'm super excited- flights, car and hotel booked! I'm from Milwaukee, WI.

Hey Wisconsin!! It's the old guy that sat beside you!!  I just got offered acceptance today.  Have you heard anything yet?

I would expect at least one more round after the November 3rd date.  The school will not offer all acceptances until after the submission deadline.  They reserve seats so that there are unfilled places throughout each interview session.  Once the final interview session is completed any remaining positions will be awarded by going down the wait list.  If you haven't heard, you are NOT out of the running!

On 11/3/2017 at 11:15 AM, evilla17 said:

Any advice for the group interviews? I’m really nervous about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! Don't be nervous. They aren't bad at all. When I did my interviews, they just give you a health care topic to discuss among a couple other interviewees and see how you all interact with one another and come to the conclusion as a group. Super easy. Good luck :)

On 11/3/2017 at 11:51 PM, tx808 said:

Does anyone that has been accepted or given an interview mind sharing stats? This is my top choice school and I am applying next cycle but my GPA is low (3.2) so I'm looking for some hope here! Thank you and congrats and good luck to you all!

I interviewed first round and got an acceptance from HSU. My cumulative was around 3.4 and then science more like 3.5 or so. Definitely not as high as some, but I worked as an EMT and 911 dispatcher for all 4 years in school and had a couple health care internships abroad as well during the summers. They love seeing well-rounded applicants and grades are not everything. I know several interviewees I interview with that had GPA's in your range & honestly I wasn't much higher than yours. Good luck & hang in there. :)

Congrats to all who have been accepted--and good luck to those still waiting and getting ready to interview!

My name is Ben Trent.  I'm currently a first year at HSU.  In the next few days we will be setting up an official class of 2020 Facebook group.  Members of our class will be available in the group to answer any questions that you might have about what to expect, help with the logistics as you transition into PA school and helpful hints about the things that you will need to get accomplished between now and matriculation next Fall.  Time will go SO fast between now and then!

If you have been accepted, please PM me with a good facebook contact and I will add you to the group once it is up.  It will be a closed group, and if you know others who have been accepted  that do not usually post in this forum please let them know as well. 

Congratulations to each of you and Good luck on the next interview sessions!

Archived