On 1/23/2018 at 8:19 PM, WesternuPA said:

Please wait until the current students make a Facebook group. They usually have a process in place and this might stir some confusion amongst everyone.

On 2/7/2018 at 11:08 AM, ms210 said:

Hi! Current student here at WesternU. I know everyone is flustered because it's the end of the application season, but remember 90% of the acceptances are given out in March! Contact admissions if you have any questions about your application, they are very good at responding. 

If you have been accepted, the current class will add you to a Facebook group soon. Please don't make one on your own! 

Thanks for the heads up! The group should be gone now to avoid confusion :) 

1 minute ago, Bonist55 said:

I got a notice that my application status was updated.  Upon logging on I found I was denied an interview with no explanation.  This is very disconcerting.  Western U was one of my top choices but thankfully I have two other interviews.  Good luck to those waiting to hear back!

Don’t let it discourage you! So far, I have received 2 rejections without being offered an interview. One of the rejections was my very first response from any of the PA schools I applied to. I felt very discouraged but learned quickly how crazy this whole process is. You can probably reach out to them after the cycle and inquire about your application. However, you could be accepted to another PA school by that time and it won’t even matter! One of the PAs that I shadow always reminds me that everything happens for a reason, and you’ll end up wherever you’re meant to. Good luck on your upcoming interviews!!!!

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, PA1309 said:

Don’t let it discourage you! So far, I have received 2 rejections without being offered an interview. One of the rejections was my very first response from any of the PA schools I applied to. I felt very discouraged but learned quickly how crazy this whole process is. You can probably reach out to them after the cycle and inquire about your application. However, you could be accepted to another PA school by that time and it won’t even matter! One of the PAs that I shadow always reminds me that everything happens for a reason, and you’ll end up wherever you’re meant to. Good luck on your upcoming interviews!!!!

Thanks so much for the encouragement.  I have received 10 denials this cycle, 2 interviews, and I'm still waiting to hear back from 4 schools.  This is my first time applying.  I'm not familiar with the process but I sure am glad I applied to 16 schools when the recommendation was 6-7.  I'm looking forward to my interviews.  They are my motivation right now and studying for them takes up most of my time (between work and school).  Best of luck to you!!

On 2/7/2018 at 11:17 AM, Bonist55 said:

Is Western U giving out any more interview invites or have they concluded interviews?

Interviews are up until March, so I am sure some more invites will go out! Don't be discouraged if you didn't get one here! It only takes one school to say yes and you are in!! 

On 1/18/2018 at 10:22 PM, Wendy578 said:

I made a Facebook group for the 2020 class, join in with your WesternU e-mail! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far and good luck with interviews! :)

The page is "WesternU MSPA Class of 2020" 

Hey! Can you add me to the group?

Been accepted as well!

On 2/7/2018 at 11:08 AM, ms210 said:

Hi! Current student here at WesternU. I know everyone is flustered because it's the end of the application season, but remember 90% of the acceptances are given out in March! Contact admissions if you have any questions about your application, they are very good at responding. 

If you have been accepted, the current class will add you to a Facebook group soon. Please don't make one on your own! 

Hey! So i have been accepted! Do you know when they will be adding me on facebook? 

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Kooks1991 said:

Good luck for tomorrow guys! I interviewed in February and I had a very positive experience. The staff was very friendly so you guys have nothing to worry about. 

Thank you! That is great to hear. I am rather nervous even though I have been offered a seat in another program - so the pressure is off - this is still my gold standard school I applied to.

• Upvote 1

On 3/10/2018 at 8:13 PM, Kooks1991 said:

Anxiously waiting to hear back and trying to stay distracted. Western University is my top choice school. I got waitlisted last year. I'm hoping I did enough to improve my application and interview skills for this cycle. The wait is killing me. 

Only a short while longer. It appears a lot of people heard back about a week after the last interview last year. Don't hold your breath though! Just keep positive and know you did the best you could during the interview. I know I'm anxious to hear back too. =)

• Upvote 2

Hey everyone,

I just interviewed at Western on March 8th. The process was very efficient and the interview process lasted approximately 3 hours. We also had a chance to meet 1st and 2nd year PA students who offered a lot of insight into their studying process and how things change from didactic to clinical year. We were told that results will be posted in a week or two. I attended the Preview day and would highly recommend it!

Good luck!!

• Upvote 2