Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 12/14/2017 at 3:38 PM, fitPAhopeful said:

Hello,

That is normal. My status was missing for two weeks before I was offered an interview invite. I freaked out too. Just hang in there! 

Thank you for responding to me, I appreciate it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to everyone who has applied, interviewed and to the few who have been accepted. 

I am a current western u student, MSPA 2019. As one of my classmates mentioned, don't get too caught up in the timeline of when you Interview and when you are accepted. I know about 2 people who were accepted before march, and trust me, they save plenty of seats! 

I wanted to throw it out there for anyone who needs Interview advice etc that you can contact me beforehand. I used this forum to get in contact with a few current students before I interviewed and it helped a lot. You can message me on here! 

One tip of advice for interviews... there is such thing is practicing... some people say you can't really prepare, but I 100% think your Interview is SUCH a big part of the acceptance. BE ORIGINAL at your interview- if you are prepared, it will come naturally. Western has a great and "chill" interview process. 

 

Congrats everyone and and good luck! 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
16 hours ago, InPAibelieve said:

Does anyone know when the last day for interviews are? 

I believe they are March 8th unless they added more. I chose the very last interview slot to give myself time to prep and to shorten the time I have to find out if I got accepted after I interview, a couple months ago that was March 8th ;-) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I applied to this program in August and still haven't heard anything.  I really hope they are still giving out interview invites!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know, how or when they send out rejections? Will they send out rejections as they go through the applications or do they send out all the rejections at the same time after they are done with interviews? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SamiTello said:

Does anyone know, how or when they send out rejections? Will they send out rejections as they go through the applications or do they send out all the rejections at the same time after they are done with interviews? 

They made it seem like most everyone will find out their status by March (except for the people who have already been accepted).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, PA1309 said:

They made it seem like most everyone will find out their status by March (except for the people who have already been accepted).

Thank you for replying! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made a Facebook group for the 2020 class, join in with your WesternU e-mail! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far and good luck with interviews! :)

The page is "WesternU MSPA Class of 2020" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I made a Facebook group for the 2020 class, join in with your WesternU e-mail! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far and good luck with interviews! :)
The page is "WesternU MSPA Class of 2020" 
Do you know how many people have been accepted so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, queenbee88 said:
15 hours ago, Wendy578 said:
I made a Facebook group for the 2020 class, join in with your WesternU e-mail! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far and good luck with interviews! :)
The page is "WesternU MSPA Class of 2020" 

Do you know how many people have been accepted so far?

No idea yet outside of the people that have posted on this thread. From what I've heard, it should be less than 15 people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2018 at 10:25 PM, PrePA93 said:

I have mine on Friday!

When did you apply? I applied late, mid October, but have yet to hear anything. Hope your interview went well! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SamiTello said:

When did you apply? I applied late, mid October, but have yet to hear anything. Hope your interview went well! 

I actually got an interview invite early September. I applied in August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2018 at 10:22 PM, Wendy578 said:

I made a Facebook group for the 2020 class, join in with your WesternU e-mail! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far and good luck with interviews! :)

The page is "WesternU MSPA Class of 2020" 

Please wait until the current students make a Facebook group. They usually have a process in place and this might stir some confusion amongst everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ACCEPTED(!!!!): 1/23/18

Submitted:  10/9/17

CASPA verified: 10/24/17

WesternU received: CAS 10/30/17

Processed by Enrollment Data Services (EDS): 11/1/17

Interview status update posted: 1/9/18

Interview: 1/18/18 @ 9am 

Application Status Update (acceptance) email: 1/23/18 @ 6:31pm

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2017 at 2:18 PM, prepa33 said:

For people who interviewed already, how long after your interview did you hear back?? 

3 business days later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if Western has finished sending out interview invites? I assume all the interview invites have been sent out by now and the remaining interviews are being held through February. My status page has not changed since my app was submitted and processed, so I'm thinking I will not be getting an interview and am waiting for the rejection notification. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SamiTello said:

Does anyone know if Western has finished sending out interview invites? I assume all the interview invites have been sent out by now and the remaining interviews are being held through February. My status page has not changed since my app was submitted and processed, so I'm thinking I will not be getting an interview and am waiting for the rejection notification. 

I could be wrong but I think they interview in March, as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PA1309 said:

I could be wrong but I think they interview in March, as well. 

I did read someone said there was an interview March 8, but I am thinking that the invites for the remaining interview dates have already been sent out. Since I have not received anything as of yet, at this late in the process, I think it's safe to consider it a rejection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! Current student here at WesternU. I know everyone is flustered because it's the end of the application season, but remember 90% of the acceptances are given out in March! Contact admissions if you have any questions about your application, they are very good at responding. 

If you have been accepted, the current class will add you to a Facebook group soon. Please don't make one on your own! 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ms210 said:

Hi! Current student here at WesternU. I know everyone is flustered because it's the end of the application season, but remember 90% of the acceptances are given out in March! Contact admissions if you have any questions about your application, they are very good at responding. 

If you have been accepted, the current class will add you to a Facebook group soon. Please don't make one on your own! 

Is Western U giving out any more interview invites or have they concluded interviews?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More