Loma Linda Univ. School of Allied Health Prof. 2017-18

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RRAtoPA, I received an email that my application was complete with my supplemental on June 24th. My CASPA was verified June 9th. I haven't been able to follow up with them yet, but I'm assuming my HCE is what did me in. 800 hrs of my 2100 hrs was CNA. They said they would consider CNA work on a case to case basis, so i'm assuming they didn't have it count for me. I'll let you know if I get more information. What was interesting was in the letter it said to reapply this cycle if I'm not accepted anywhere else, which doesn't make since to me, I'm going to look into it. 

2 minutes ago, lyrical said:

15 hours ago, BallettoPA said:

RRAtoPA, I received an email that my application was complete with my supplemental on June 24th. My CASPA was verified June 9th. I haven't been able to follow up with them yet, but I'm assuming my HCE is what did me in. 800 hrs of my 2100 hrs was CNA. They said they would consider CNA work on a case to case basis, so i'm assuming they didn't have it count for me. I'll let you know if I get more information. What was interesting was in the letter it said to reapply this cycle if I'm not accepted anywhere else, which doesn't make since to me, I'm going to look into it. 

i got the same response BallettoPA. My first time applying to Loma Linda and my first rejection this cycle Good luck everyone

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, RRAtoPA said:

Has anybody heard ANYTHING?  I got an email a week or so ago talking about financial aid and its deadlines.. but I'm guessing that's an automatic email that goes out to all applicants.  Other than that general email.... nothing.

I haven't heard anything yet.

On 8/23/2017 at 9:44 AM, RRAtoPA said:

BallettoPA, Did you contact the school and see if it was your hours and if there's something that can be worked out?

matopa22, I do wish you the best of luck the second time around.  May I ask how the interview process was the first time you went?

I emailed the school 2 wks ago and still haven't heard anything, which is weird because they were very prompt with communication before I received the rejection. They must be swamped. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Current LLU student here (c/o 2019). As we are preparing to begin our semester in a few days, I wanted to share something with you.

When I was a pre-PA student, I used to be obsessed with blogs/vlogs about what PA school was like (tell me I'm not the only one). I could never find any that spoke to me regarding my own journey and there definitely aren't any about RTs that become PAs. So, I made one. I plan on blogging/vlogging/instagramming my way through PA school.

I've been working on a blog about my entire path to PA school and I have revealed just about everything! There is tons of information there about how to prepare for your interview and the mindset that you need to get through to interview day. I will also be sharing what PA school at LLU is like when we start soon! Go check it out: MichaelCharvis.com

Also, I'll be sharing loads of my PA journey at LLU on my PA Instagram page. All things PA from my unique, insignificant perspective! @michaelcharvis.pa

Follow my Instagram page, ask questions, and see what PA school is like at LLU!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2017 at 6:36 AM, RRAtoPA said:

Congrats to JBPAC and GDNPA for your interviews!  May I ask when you were notified for your interview date?  And are either of you local or out of town/state?

Thank you! I was notified on 9/27 with a call. I am from San Francisco so northern California.

How did the interviews go?  Has anyone heard anything new??  Anyone accepted from the 10/10 interviews?  Anyone else get an invite for an interview?  I'm still waiting.  I'm getting generalized emails from LLU but that's it.  Is anyone else getting the emails? 4 + months of waiting with no info sure teaches a person patience.  :)

Archived