Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Submitted my application on the 7/5, my application was received on 7/7. Here's to patiently waiting!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you get an email from UNE directly stating your application was received? I submitted on May 23rd and have not gotten a confirmation from the admission's team, only CASPA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, methornberg said:

Did you get an email from UNE directly stating your application was received? I submitted on May 23rd and have not gotten a confirmation from the admission's team, only CASPA. 

I submitted mine on May 19th and I received an email on July 3rd only after after emailing the program on the June 27th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard back yet? It says on their website admissions are on a rolling basis and the first interview is august 28th! So I figured someone must have heard something by now! 

 

Also I just thought of this now as I went back to review the websites of all the programs I applied to... does anyone know how many letters of rec. they need or if they have specific requirements as for who they need to be from (i.e. PA, supervisor, professor, etc.) ?? I can't find the requirements for LOR anywhere on their website... I submitted my app with 3 LOR (I'm hoping that would suffice and they don't need 4).

 

Anyways good luck everyone! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2017 at 7:31 PM, psych2PA said:

Has anyone heard back yet? It says on their website admissions are on a rolling basis and the first interview is august 28th! So I figured someone must have heard something by now! 

 

Also I just thought of this now as I went back to review the websites of all the programs I applied to... does anyone know how many letters of rec. they need or if they have specific requirements as for who they need to be from (i.e. PA, supervisor, professor, etc.) ?? I can't find the requirements for LOR anywhere on their website... I submitted my app with 3 LOR (I'm hoping that would suffice and they don't need 4).

 

Anyways good luck everyone! 

I don't think there were any specific LOR requirements, I had 4 submitted because I need all of the good words that I can get but I'm sure 3 would be just fine!! I have heard nothing yet from this program despite the one email that told me that applications are being reviewed now and I have to wait for mine to come up next in line. I'm really hoping that I hear from them soon with some positive news, like an interview haha! 

 

good luck with everything :) 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard anything yet? Do you think they are just going to send invitations and rejections out in batches? I thought this was rolling admissions. The wait is killing me haha

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to their website, the first interview date is August 28th. I'm assuming they'll start sending out invites to interview within the next week! Hopefully.... 

 

I emailed them to verify that they received my application materials because I too hadn't heard anything. Kate responded within a day. So if you're feeling anxious go ahead and shoot them an email! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CASPA sent & verified on 7/20! 

I received an email that I was under review on 7/21! 

Lets keep each other in the loop!! ;) 

Good Luck Everyone 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to see if anyone has received an interview invitation for August 28th. My app was under review on June 19th so I am wondering if I should be hearing back soon. Good luck to everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone. I will be interviewing on August 28th! Just seeing if anyone else will be there to? Look forward to seeing you!

 

Dylan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:28 AM, mollybas said:

@dkadow49 Congrats and good luck! Do you mind sharing when your application was under review?

Hey! I turned in my application in May. It was under review on July 13th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what the interview day looks like? I am from Ohio and driving there, so I am trying to plan a schedule for being there.

Thanks in Advance!

 

Dylan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dkadow49 said:

Hey! I turned in my application in May. It was under review on July 13th.

Do you mind sharing your rough GPA? I am just curious because my app went to the committee in late June and I still haven't heard anything. I'm getting a bit nervous.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ML207 said:

Do you mind sharing your rough GPA? I am just curious because my app went to the committee in late June and I still haven't heard anything. I'm getting a bit nervous.

Sure! My GPA was a 3.69.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2017 at 10:51 PM, dkadow49 said:

Does anyone know what the interview day looks like? I am from Ohio and driving there, so I am trying to plan a schedule for being there.

Thanks in Advance!

 

Dylan

Hi Dylan,

So there will be a Friday night optional meet and greet with us (the first year students). On Saturday it will be about a half day (from like 7:30-1 or 2 ish). Many people check out Portland after!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Similar Content

    • By MisterBen
      I'm considering doing a 2 year commitment to the Indian Health Service once I graduate (May 2018) to get some help paying back my loans. Does anyone have any experience as a PA with the IHS or what it's like working on a reservation? I've heard mixed reviews but it seems like a great way to help an underserved population while getting help paying back my pile of student loan debt.
    • By agk
      Hello,
       
      I'm graduating in August and am planning to take the PANCE in mid September and start work at an ED on a Native American reservation in the fall. I'm interested in finding out if/how EM providers manage to take advantage of IHS loan repayment programs. It seems to me that the work requirements by the loan repayment program (LRP) are quite restrictive and wouldn't work very well for clustered blocks of shifts like I plan to do (I plan to commute for my shifts from my home 3 hours away and stay on the rez while I'm working).
      If anyone has any experience making their EM shifts work within the requirements of the IHS LRP, I'd love to know how you do that. Or, if there's some other, less restrictive, loan repayment options available, please let me know. 
      Thank you!
    • By Sirpaul1990
      Curious about NHSC Loan Repayment or the NHSC Scholarship? In this blog posting, I've included the former as well as many other loan repayment options and scholarship options you might not know about. Take advantage of this information! You might be a current PA student, a practicing PA, or a pre-PA student considering repayment options for your loans. Make sure you know other resources out there before you make a decision! This information is just to get you started and is by no means all inclusive. I realize there may be many more options out there, but I did the best I could to get your mind thinking. Good luck fellow PA-S and PA-C!
       
       
      http://doseofpa.blogspot.com/2014/03/physician-assistant-school-scholarships.html
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More