2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had such a great time in Portland and at the interview.  For all future interviewers reading this..I have 2 pieces of advice.

1. Spend extra time in Portland exploring the the city and surround area (cape Elizabeth, fort Williams)

2. Don't be nervous.  It was great interacting with the students and the overall process was very relaxed

Hope to be seeing some of the people I met again.

I still have not received an email to be interviewed. I got an email 8/15 that it will be sent for review to Admissions. I hope i get an interview - thanks for providing feedback for future!

Also, do you know how long interviews will go on until? I am just thinking if i still have a chance lol

11 hours ago, pa17 said:

I still have not received an email to be interviewed. I got an email 8/15 that it will be sent for review to Admissions. I hope i get an interview - thanks for providing feedback for future!

Also, do you know how long interviews will go on until? I am just thinking if i still have a chance lol

From what i've researched from old forums is that they do 3 to 5 interview sessions, going until December.  Don't give up hope until you get the rejection letter.

11 minutes ago, psych2PA said:

I have not received one yet either. I actually haven't heard from ANY school I applied to (no invites and no rejections). Getting a bit discouraged. I thought I had a pretty good chance but I guess I'm just not competitive enough this cycle. I wish they would just tell you right away if you are rejected or not, and not leave you hanging on thinking you still have a chance for months until they actually send them out! 

Sorry, rant over lol.  Congratulations and good luck to everyone who's been invited for interviews! You should all be very proud of yourselves :) 

Don't get down on yourself like that.  A lot of schools have august start dates and haven't even started reviewing apps yet.  Just be patient and continue working on yourself in the meantime.  

4 minutes ago, gb_atc said:

I just got an interviewing invite today!!!!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Congratulations.  It's a beautiful part of the country and seems like a great school.  The students you meet are all very nice and helpful as well.  I could tell they were having a lot of fun at the social and the interview day.

Congratulations.  It's a beautiful part of the country and seems like a great school.  The students you meet are all very nice and helpful as well.  I could tell they were having a lot of fun at the social and the interview day.
I saw your suggestion and now it's time to start the prepping!

38 minutes ago, gb_atc said:

I saw your suggestion and now it's time to start the prepping!

Congrats on your interview! I think the best way to prepare is to go to the social the night before if you have the opportunity to. The first year students answered all of our questions both in relation to the program, school, and life in general. It really helped to take the tension off, but mostly it was nice going into the interview morning seeing familiar faces, and feeling comfortable. 

Good Luck!

Does UNE send out a confirmation email of you RSVPing?

32 minutes ago, dboulay said:

Still waiting for interview or rejection.. does anyone know when the final interview dates are?  I know some schools only do two or three interview rounds and then are done. Getting a bit discouraged.

looking at old boards, it looks like they hold interviews through December.  Don't get discouraged, stay focused and don't lose hope.  Keep your chin up and stay in the game.  

42 minutes ago, pbj123 said:

I got invited to the interview on the 14th! Where is everyone staying? Would anyone want to split a room for the interview?

i would recommend an AirBnB.  There is a reasonable one really close to the westbrook campus, hopefully its available.  I stayed at the Fireside Inn and Suites.  It was a good price.  Wasn't the nicest place but i felt safe there and the rooms were nicer than the outside.  Also a big bonus was they had a nice free breakfast(sausage, eggs etc.) every morning.  On saturday it doesnt buffett doesnt open until 7am so i literally ate just a few bites and booked it.  Campus is about 10-15 away from hotel.

Things to do in Portland 

- Fort Williams State park (free, scenic and lighthouse)

- 2 lights lighthouse (scenic but i liked the portland HeadLight at fort williams more)

-Drive from fort williams to 2lights is gorgeous.  Both located in Cape Elizabeth about 20 mins from the campus.  Very scenic and also a place to get out and do some walking out in the woods

-Portland Art Museum ($15 and they have monets and a degas as well as other beautiful art)

-Beckys diner ( located in the old port, I had 3 lobster rolls there and this was the best and biggest one)

-Holy Donut (located in the oldport too, good potato donuts)

Have a blast and enjoy it there.  I really hope i get in, not only do I really want to go to that program; I also really want to live in portland.

Words can not express how grateful I am to have been accepted.    I felt a near instant connection with not just the program but also the city.  I am so excited to start in June and call Portland home. 

To those who got waitlisted or didn't get in, or still waiting to hear....don't give up.  Passion is one of the most powerful resources in medicine, and if you are passionate enough...the right program for you awaits. 

To thy own-self be true.

Archived