2017-2018 Application Cycle

Hey Everyone,

GPA kind of matters but it is not the sole reason why you may or may not be picked for an interview. They really look at your experiences over all (volunteer, work, outside activities, etc) and read your personal statement as well as references. The director will read all of these. If you get an interview anywhere, you've already made it in their mind and it is literally just to see if you're the right personality for their program. 

Side note, GPA 3.27 in undergrad after being through a lot of difficulty experiences 

Best wishes

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got an interview!  So excited to learn about the program and see the campus!  

Under review notification: Jun 22

Interview offer: Sep 7

Are results of interviews disclosed a couple days later or do you have to wait until all interviews are done to get news?  How much is the initial tuition deposit?

5 hours ago, lr617 said:

Hi All!

How long after you received notification that your application is "under review" did you get invited for an interview? How much notice do they typically give for interview sessions? 

Mine was under review on July 20, invited for interview on September 7. 

43 minutes ago, FutureKristaAnnPAC said:

Recently I found out that I will also be interviewing on the 23rd, and I'm very excited about it!

Does anyone who interviewed in years past have any idea the set of the interviews?

Also, who's going to the socail the night before? I've never heard about an event like this before and I'm very excited to meet those you going there!

From what I understand, it's a presentation of the program, tour of school, and then interviewed by 2 people at the same time.  Possibly one faculty and the other a student.

I am definitely going to the social.

Also, I will be traveling solo from NC.  I am getting there on thursday and leaving sunday.  If anyone is traveling solo and wants to get up in downtown portland on that friday for lunch/ explore the city before the social send me a message.  Same offer goes for after the interviews on Saturday.

Traveling solo can be rather lonesome so it would be fun know someone or even have a group.  Knowing people on the way to the social and interview would also greatly help with nerves too.  Hit me up and let me know.  Very excited for this trip!

Archived