2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, tlog said:

The waiting is excruciating. Still haven't heard anything and am definitely holding onto hope for an interview invite!

I'm just going to assume they haven't made it to the end of the alphabet yet and will resume sending interview invitations on Monday.  :)

That's about the only mindset that is going to get me through the loooonnnnnggg weekend without driving myself a little crazy. 

I'm just going to assume they haven't made it to the end of the alphabet yet and will resume sending interview invitations on Monday.  :)
That's about the only mindset that is going to get me through the loooonnnnnggg weekend without driving myself a little crazy. 

Me too!! Fingers crossed! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, cynwash said:

I like your thinking! I'll be doing the same, and also cuddling my dog a whole bunch this weekend!

27 minutes ago, tlog said:

The waiting is excruciating. Still haven't heard anything and am definitely holding onto hope for an interview invite!

In the email they said they are interviewing 78 for 32 spots. And we have until Nov 20th to accept the interview, in which case we decline interview it will quickly go to someone else. So, I am sure the interviews will continuously be sent out in the next week! 

13 minutes ago, nmb123 said:

Is it a for sure thing that they are sending out invites in alphabetical order? Other schools i've interviewed at did not do this. 

Oh no. We were just guessing at what method they're using to group applicants. I think the most likely is Group 1 (top candidates), Group 2 (next top candidates) etc....

2 minutes ago, tlog said:

Oh no. We were just guessing at what method they're using to group applicants. I think the most likely is Group 1 (top candidates), Group 2 (next top candidates) etc....

Oh okay, great. I mean, I hope it works out for everyone, but with a last name near the top of the alphabet, that's a scary speculation. Thanks for clarifying! 

34 minutes ago, MaiCO said:

In the email they said they are interviewing 78 for 32 spots. And we have until Nov 20th to accept the interview, in which case we decline interview it will quickly go to someone else. So, I am sure the interviews will continuously be sent out in the next week! 

Thanks so much for sharing! Any info is helpful and appreciated for those of us still waiting at this point. 

12 hours ago, Almortega said:

It’s not a good sign. Last year they sent all of the letters out at the same time. I thought the point of a waitlisted interview was for the second tier candidates. 

There's no reason not to stay positive. I haven't received a rejection letter yet, have you? It's not over till it's over.

Was placed on an interview waitlist, congrats to everyone who was offered an interview and hopefully I will be able to join you! 

I have ultimately decided to give up my interview spot since I have been accepted elsewhere and plan to attend there. Hopefully you will get a spot soon!

On 11/18/2017 at 10:52 AM, ecolvard said:

I have ultimately decided to give up my interview spot since I have been accepted elsewhere and plan to attend there. Hopefully you will get a spot soon!

Hi ecolavard!! Thank you for providing the opportunity to someone else to interview!! Hopefully others that are already accepted elsewhere will do the same.

31 minutes ago, tlog said:

Anyone else still waiting to hear from the school?

Hey tlog, 

I haven't heard either. I am thinking that they gave the students who were invited for interviews last Friday through today so maybe another wave of emails tomorrow? I don't know if anyone received rejections yet, but I kind of wish they would just tell us where we stand! With that said I am not sure when they would expect those people to reply by. 

12 hours ago, FuturePADreamer said:

Hey tlog, 

I haven't heard either. I am thinking that they gave the students who were invited for interviews last Friday through today so maybe another wave of emails tomorrow? I don't know if anyone received rejections yet, but I kind of wish they would just tell us where we stand! With that said I am not sure when they would expect those people to reply by. 

I was thinking the same thing (a second wave of emails this week) and the anticipation is intense! I don't know how you're holding up but I'm going stir crazy. This is my top choice school so all my fingers are crossed...

Archived