2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

That gives me a little relief that we will hear something around October. I am accepted to a January start program, but really want to stay in CO. I am hoping interviews are a little earlier this year. I couldn't apply last year because even though my classes where completed my degree was not conferred till about two weeks after the deadline. 

On 7/6/2017 at 1:51 PM, runforhotdogs said:

Is this mostly a CO residents school?

Definitely majority of the accepted students are from Colorado, but I was waitlisted and just accepted and am moving to Denver from California. Don't let being out of state stop you from applying. If they're impressed by you, where you are from won't matter! There were many people on my interview from out of state, including California, Oregon, Michigan and more. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2017 at 2:51 PM, FuturePADreamer said:

That gives me a little relief that we will hear something around October. I am accepted to a January start program, but really want to stay in CO. I am hoping interviews are a little earlier this year. I couldn't apply last year because even though my classes where completed my degree was not conferred till about two weeks after the deadline. 

I can't believe they interview that late!!! I am accepted to a January start program too! How do you even go about this?! I am in the same boat wanting to stay in Colorado and the program I'm accepted to is basically my last resort ☹️

15 hours ago, CaitlynD said:

I can't believe they interview that late!!! I am accepted to a January start program too! How do you even go about this?! I am in the same boat wanting to stay in Colorado and the program I'm accepted to is basically my last resort ☹️

Hi Caitlyn, 

I haven't figured out all the logistics yet. I am just waiting for the late October responses before trying to worry about it too much. If I do get an interview invite I will keep you updated with my plan. Best of luck to you!

10 hours ago, FuturePADreamer said:

Hi Caitlyn, 

I haven't figured out all the logistics yet. I am just waiting for the late October responses before trying to worry about it too much. If I do get an interview invite I will keep you updated with my plan. Best of luck to you!

Yes please do!!! If I end up in the same boat I will have to figure something out which is going to be crazy hard ? Good luck to you as well!

By the way which program were you accepted to? Mine is St. Francis U in Albuquerque NM.

On 7/10/2017 at 7:07 PM, PrePAmommy said:

Hello All,

Good luck to all of you! Hoping I get an interview invite on my first time applying to PA schools! This is my top choice school so really anxious about hearing any news!

Best of luck to you! I'm guessing you are a mom from your screen name, I am newly one as well! Excited and nervous to start this journey with my kiddo ? ❤️

On 8/10/2017 at 10:12 PM, CaitlynD said:

Yes please do!!! If I end up in the same boat I will have to figure something out which is going to be crazy hard ? Good luck to you as well!

By the way which program were you accepted to? Mine is St. Francis U in Albuquerque NM.

Thank you. I was accepted to a Northern CA school. I am excited I to go regardless, but if I can save time and money from moving just to move back that would be great. 

I know a little off topic in regards to when interviews will be sent out. I completed Organic II lecture and Lab and Stats this summer; just received my final grades and has been inputted into my transcripts. I know Organic II is not required but is recommended and stats is required, do we send Red Rocks our updated transcripts to red rock or update it in CASPA? Thanks!

On August 16, 2017 at 1:11 PM, OliverV said:

I know a little off topic in regards to when interviews will be sent out. I completed Organic II lecture and Lab and Stats this summer; just received my final grades and has been inputted into my transcripts. I know Organic II is not required but is recommended and stats is required, do we send Red Rocks our updated transcripts to red rock or update it in CASPA? Thanks!

Everything should be done via CASPA unless it has already been verified. At that point I would read the FAQ on CASPA to see if you need to do an updated curriculum thingy. I know very technical. 

• 3 weeks later...

I called the school a week or so ago. Since they are not  on a rolling admissions, everyone is evaluated at once. From our discussion, this process will begin once the Oct. 31st verified application deadline has passed. She told me that I should anticipate a correspondence from them before Thanksgiving, with interviews taking place the 2nd week of January. She mentioned that they typically interview 80-85 candidates for only 32 available positions. Best of luck everyone!!!

1 hour ago, PAmama3 said:

I called the school a week or so ago. Since they are not  on a rolling admissions, everyone is evaluated at once. From our discussion, this process will begin once the Oct. 31st verified application deadline has passed. She told me that I should anticipate a correspondence from them before Thanksgiving, with interviews taking place the 2nd week of January. She mentioned that they typically interview 80-85 candidates for only 32 available positions. Best of luck everyone!!!

Omg thank you SO MUCH for calling! So glad to know where we are as applicants at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2017 at 5:40 PM, jaleesaw said:

I'm confused! Does Red Rocks want GRE scores starting this cycle?

I am wondering the same thing! 

On 9/12/2017 at 0:48 PM, PAmama3 said:

Oh goodness, this makes me incredibly nervous. I will be out of the country until January 12th. Anybody know what happens in situations like this, when you're invited for an interview but unavailable for a specific date? 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the reasoning behind them interviewing so late? University of Colorado is finishing up their interviews in mid October and has already accepted several students. Rocky Vista began sending out invites recently. I am just curious if anyone knows why Red Rocks does not have interviews until January. I have been accepted to a January start in CA, but really wanted to stay in CO. I received a interview invite for Rocky Vista yesterday. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived