MASSACHUSETTS: Tufts 2017-2018 Cycle

Guest HanSolo

Guest HanSolo

Let the discussion begin. I plan on putting in an application soon. Best of luck to everyone. I hear interviews are already underway. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HanSolo

An update for anyone interested as it seems there are some people looking at this thread. I submitted an application on 6/18 and received an e-mail saying my application was complete and under review 6/20. I'll keep you all posted on the interview invite/rejection turn around time. 

On 6/25/2017 at 4:25 PM, eliam22 said:

what were your stats like and when did you submit your app?

I submitted on May 15.  Confirmed by Tufts on May 18.  Invited for the interview on June 1. Overall GPA 3.409.  3 years working experience as medical assistant/phlebotomist.  200 hours shadowing experience.  (4-time applicant)

Submitted 05/15 

Interviewed 06/13!! Haven't heard back! I got into another program where I'll be putting a deposit, but definitely considered Tufts and waiting to hear from them! I asked them for an update since I was accepted into another program, but they just repeated what they said in the post-interview email: that it's rolling and I could hear anytime from now until October 

Guest HanSolo

I'll be there 7/29 for an interview. Sounds like a variable turnaround time from interview --- decision. Hopefully there are still some slots left by late July. Despite being new I feel this is one of the better programs out there. 

Anybody have an idea of how many people apply each year? I know Northeastern gets around 1,000 applicants, so this is probably similar.

1 hour ago, kettab24 said:

hey guys I have an interview on 8/24. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Any tips/ideas on what to expect? Thanks!

Hey there,

Just interviewed this morning; it was laid back and the staff make you feel very comfortable during the process. I was asked a lot of questions about my application that were somewhat fitted to who I am as a candidate. I would definitely go through some of the basic/anticipated questions that you would anticipate at any program. You will sit through two interviews that are back to back, either at the beginning or end of the day. The student run tour lasts approximately one hour and you tour the facilities and classrooms that the students utilize on a day to day basis. All in all, it was a great experience!

Hope this helps,

Dan

Archived