rubyk25

2017-2018 Application Cycle (PA Campus)

I'm a tad bit confused as to how this application fee for PCOM works.  Am I supposed to get an email from them, or is there a website where I can just pay the $75 fee? I submitted on Friday afternoon/evening. I think most schools have responded with a generic email etc. etc. by now. 

You wait for them to send you an email to pay the fee. Keep in mind that (assuming your CASPA was actually verified as opposed to only being submitted) you submitted the night before the weekend when they may have no work hours. Plus it definitely took them about a week to send me the link after I submitted in May. Be patient; you'll get the email.

• Upvote 1

How long did it take for your PA/MD/DO/NP letter to say received on PCOM's portal after they actually got it? I got an email saying that they received my letter but it still hasn't been entered into my online application summary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not heard back from PCOM either. All my information is in and supplement paid, just playing the waiting game. 

Just submitted my CASPA application yesterday! I guess I'll be waiting for the supplemental before too much more will happen.

I submitted 6/21 and paid my supplemental fees on 6/28. I haven't heard back yet. Email says they typically interview September-February. Good luck to everyone!

Just got an email for an interview invite on 10/10, verified 6/21 

Also I got a fortune cookie last night saying "one of your dreams will come true tomorrow" so this was very exciting.

edit: rescheduled to 10/13 because I can't make up microbio lab :( If anyone else has conflicts she said you can only reschedule once so keep that in mind

• Upvote 5

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, 31steff said:

Got in interview invite by email on 8/16, submitted to CASPA on 6/20.  Interviewing on 10/24!

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, 31steff said:

Got in interview invite by email on 8/16, submitted to CASPA on 6/20.  Interviewing on 10/24!

mind sharing stats?

22 hours ago, GLC14 said:

mind sharing stats?

Sure!

Undergrad GPA 3.97

Science GPA 3.99

PCE ~6000 hours as an MA in a family practice clinic

GRE:  V- 167 (98%) Q-167 (93%) W- 5.0 (93%)

About 40 hours of shadowing, 200 hours volunteering

• Upvote 1

Is it true that you will not hear back if you are not receiving an interview until after interviews are completed? 

Also has anyone that hasn't heard anything reached out to the school to ask about the status of their application? 

On 8/21/2017 at 3:35 PM, Zinny said:

I got an interview date for 09/29 @ 8 am.  Caspa verified on 07/24. Good luck everyone.

I'll be there also! Good luck!

On 9/14/2017 at 4:46 PM, Cbrutts said:

I'll be there also! Good luck!

I'll see you there. Thanks and good luck to you too.

I received my invitation on August 21st to an interview on 10/10! I'm super excited and also pretty nervous.

Stats:

GPA: 3.72 undergrad

GPA: 4.0 science

8,300+ hours as a Surgical Technologist at the Hospital of University of Pennyslvania

40+ hours PA shadowing

• Upvote 1

Hey guys. Has anyone heard back from PCOM after the 9/29 Interview? I know they said 4-6 weeks but last year people heard back literally days after.