rubyk25

2017-2018 Application Cycle (PA Campus)

43 posts in this topic

I'm a tad bit confused as to how this application fee for PCOM works.  Am I supposed to get an email from them, or is there a website where I can just pay the $75 fee? I submitted on Friday afternoon/evening. I think most schools have responded with a generic email etc. etc. by now. 

You wait for them to send you an email to pay the fee. Keep in mind that (assuming your CASPA was actually verified as opposed to only being submitted) you submitted the night before the weekend when they may have no work hours. Plus it definitely took them about a week to send me the link after I submitted in May. Be patient; you'll get the email.

How long did it take for your PA/MD/DO/NP letter to say received on PCOM's portal after they actually got it? I got an email saying that they received my letter but it still hasn't been entered into my online application summary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not heard back from PCOM either. All my information is in and supplement paid, just playing the waiting game. 

I just got an email yesterday saying they've received my info. They also said the next communication would be in October 

Just submitted my CASPA application yesterday! I guess I'll be waiting for the supplemental before too much more will happen.

I submitted 6/21 and paid my supplemental fees on 6/28. I haven't heard back yet. Email says they typically interview September-February. Good luck to everyone!

19 minutes ago, Gem24 said:

So this program has only 20 seats?

That's for the GA campus. For the class of 2019 PA campus, they had 55 students matriculate.

Got an interview invite by email on 8/16, submitted to CASPA on 6/20.  Interviewing on 10/24!

Just got an email for an interview invite on 10/10, verified 6/21 

Also I got a fortune cookie last night saying "one of your dreams will come true tomorrow" so this was very exciting.

edit: rescheduled to 10/13 because I can't make up microbio lab :( If anyone else has conflicts she said you can only reschedule once so keep that in mind

I got an interview date for 09/29 @ 8 am.  Caspa verified on 07/24. Good luck everyone.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, 31steff said:

Got in interview invite by email on 8/16, submitted to CASPA on 6/20.  Interviewing on 10/24!

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, 31steff said:

Got in interview invite by email on 8/16, submitted to CASPA on 6/20.  Interviewing on 10/24!

mind sharing stats?

I got the email invite on 8/16 to interview at the PA campus on 10/6.

I'm super hype! :D

22 hours ago, GLC14 said:

mind sharing stats?

Sure!

Undergrad GPA 3.97

Science GPA 3.99

PCE ~6000 hours as an MA in a family practice clinic

GRE:  V- 167 (98%) Q-167 (93%) W- 5.0 (93%)

About 40 hours of shadowing, 200 hours volunteering

Is it true that you will not hear back if you are not receiving an interview until after interviews are completed? 

Also has anyone that hasn't heard anything reached out to the school to ask about the status of their application? 

Does anyone know how large the interviewee groups are on interview days? Such as 5 people? 10 people? 50 people?

On 8/21/2017 at 3:35 PM, Zinny said:

I got an interview date for 09/29 @ 8 am.  Caspa verified on 07/24. Good luck everyone.

I'll be there also! Good luck!

On 9/14/2017 at 4:46 PM, Cbrutts said:

I'll be there also! Good luck!

I'll see you there. Thanks and good luck to you too.

Is anyone bringing anything specific with them to their interview? Such as a resume, CVV, or questions?

I received my invitation on August 21st to an interview on 10/10! I'm super excited and also pretty nervous.

Stats:

GPA: 3.72 undergrad

GPA: 4.0 science

8,300+ hours as a Surgical Technologist at the Hospital of University of Pennyslvania

40+ hours PA shadowing

Hey guys. Has anyone heard back from PCOM after the 9/29 Interview? I know they said 4-6 weeks but last year people heard back literally days after. 

4 minutes ago, 5280PAprospect said:

Now I'm super nervous that I haven't heard anything yet! Yikes! 

Oops sorry 😐 

@Zinny don't worry about me. Not the only school I applied to and there's still time. It does hurt not to hear from your first choice school, but my motto is if i can't affect it, i won't let it effect me. 

I interviewed 9/19 and I just received my acceptance today!! Good luck to everyone. The school seems amazing 

On 10/10/2017 at 8:33 PM, bpluchino said:

I interviewed 9/19 and I just received my acceptance today!! Good luck to everyone. The school seems amazing 

Congrats!! I also interviewed on 9/19 and received my acceptance yesterday in the mail! I'm so excited!

1 hour ago, PAIsTheWayy said:

Congrats!! I also interviewed on 9/19 and received my acceptance yesterday in the mail! I'm so excited!

What date was your letter dated?? Sorry, anxiously awaiting a letter for my recent interview :)

26 minutes ago, ama6051 said:

What date was your letter dated?? Sorry, anxiously awaiting a letter for my recent interview :)

The date on my letter says October 6th! Good luck!!

So anyone been flat out rejected yet or are they going to make us wait until all the interviews are done? Haven't hear anything and had my CASPA verified very early. Just wondering what that might mean 

2 hours ago, ama6051 said:

Mine was also the 6th! Good luck!!

Yaaayy!!!!! Accepted.. Interviewed 9/29, letter dated 10/6. Good luck guys.

Hey guys, I interview on the 31st of this month and was wondering how the interviews were? I'm beyond excited and pretty nervous. I am from out of state, so seeing the city and campus will be a thrill. Any tips will be greatly appreciated as this is my first pa interview =D

Just got my letter and was wait listed. Congrats to those acceptances, hoping I'll be pulled off of the wait list some time soon!!! :)

Does anyone know if they wait to send out rejections until after all the interviews/acceptances are done? Or should we hear from them regardless anytime now/soon

Do you think there is still a chance they will have another interview date in the near future and they haven't sent out emails just yet? I applied in September and don't know if they reviewed my application or if they have already made a decision on my application?! Do you think the best thing to do is call them and if so, is there a specific department/person I should call?

On 10/14/2017 at 11:36 PM, Futurepadude said:

Hey guys, I interview on the 31st of this month and was wondering how the interviews were? I'm beyond excited and pretty nervous. I am from out of state, so seeing the city and campus will be a thrill. Any tips will be greatly appreciated as this is my first pa interview =D

Compared to the rest of my interviews this was one of the most laid back interviews I had. First there's an introduction to the program, then you take a tour and the last thing you do is your actual interview. You interview individually with two faculty members of the program for about twenty minutes. They really tried to break the ice and make the interview fun and enjoyable!