Adjusted School Schedule - see attachment

So I've re-done my schedule. I thought about it, and I could either go 12-15 credit hours a semester with no PCE, and graduate spring 2019, or I could go about 8-11 credits and work full time with the ems agency. But this fall I won't be working. I'd be starting in January. So I'd be done by spring 2020... If I went full time and graduated in spring 2019, I'd still need to work a full year atleast to gain 2000+ hours so it pretty much evens out, and from what I've seen programs usually will let you send in your apps with unfinished pre-reqs, given you'll be done by that year, so I'd be able to go send my app out to my school list. Thoughts? I feel that this is doable and certainly no disrespect to CNA at all, but I got my EMT cert because I wanted to be in those situations and I've enjoyed it as I was trained and got certified. Just curious what my peers think about this revised schedule and work plan. It'd still be work, full time btw. The agency would respect my every other day schedule so I could go to classes and study. It's just not as a heavy of a load as before.

post-135920-0-31389300-1497588819_thumb.png

Mixing school and HCE sounds reasonable. You might consider when you will actually be applying and make sure you have most of your high end science in the bank by then. Maybe move things like Spanish and stats out a bit to do it? You can generally apply with prereqs to go, but you still want a track record by then.

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I completely get what you're saying. By moving my Spanish and Stats out what would it do? It would open room for that semester but this upcoming fall when it's scheduled, is when I'm taking gen bio and gen chem, and those are the pre reqs for everything else, so I can't really move anything else up. I may be misunderstanding what you're saying, though, so I apologize if I am. I plan on applying in 2019 for the 2020 cycle (I think I have that right?), probably January, since some of the schools have you apply then, and I'll be done with everything by May. I hope I have that right. I may need to do some research. I'll have most of the pre-reqs done, except for 2 that I'm taking spring 2020. So, should I apply in 2019 for the 2020 cycle? That's my first time ever asking that. I'll have to look at each school I've picked to find out the deadlines and stuff

Mike,

Sorry to cause confusion. Just wanted to see if you will have any capstone science done before you apply, like finishing chemistry through biochem, etc. That way you wouldn't have all the capstone courses yet to do when you apply.

I see that your A&P is combined. Not sure if the rules have changed, but we had to have the sequence where they were separate courses. You might want to check with the schools you are interested in applying to to see if that's still the case.

Good luck!

That's true. I suppose I could try and double up on a semester or two and that way make it in for the 2020 app cycle. And to the anatomy and physiology, my school does two summer sessions, each a month long, so I'd take AP 1 in summer 1 and AP2 in summer 2. It's every single day for 5 weeks so it's intense but with it being the only commitment it's possible to gain all the knowledge needed.

Archived