FLORIDA: Florida International University Cycle 2017-2018

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ndiehl87 said:

Submitted my supplemental app on 6/28/17 as well. I never got any confirmation I don't think. Did anyone else? I've been looking through my emails to make sure and I still can't find anything.

Same- I've emailed them twice w/ no response. No point in doing it a third time, though. Based off of last year's thread, this is normal for their program. *shrugs*

15 hours ago, ndiehl87 said:

Submitted my supplemental app on 6/28/17 as well. I never got any confirmation I don't think. Did anyone else? I've been looking through my emails to make sure and I still can't find anything.

Nothing yet, I went to the open house in May. This year they are doing things a little differently and offering interviews based on solely on your application, unlike last year they used a pre-entrance exam to weed applicants out. 

Oh wow, that's kind of good to hear!  I was about to order books in order to study for the entrance exam.

I have two friends in the program one was the inaugural year and one of them starts next month and the way they did it was you went in to take the test and then sign in and wait for the interview that same day.

3 hours ago, JD2012 said:

Oh wow, that's kind of good to hear!  I was about to order books in order to study for the entrance exam.

I have two friends in the program one was the inaugural year and one of them starts next month and the way they did it was you went in to take the test and then sign in and wait for the interview that same day.

i bought a book, whoops. 

On July 28, 2017 at 4:50 PM, JD2012 said:

Yes, I  interviewed this last cycle. It was set up differently though. You went one day to take the exam and if you got a passing score you were invited for an interview another day if you were local or same day if from out of state. Seems like there will be some form of test according to what was said at the open house just not exactly how it was set up before. They didn't want to give too many details but that was the gist of it. 

On 7/29/2017 at 10:25 PM, DD2PA said:

Yes, I  interviewed this last cycle. It was set up differently though. You went one day to take the exam and if you got a passing score you were invited for an interview another day if you were local or same day if from out of state. Seems like there will be some form of test according to what was said at the open house just not exactly how it was set up before. They didn't want to give too many details but that was the gist of it. 

Just curious if you are invited for testing, do they give enough time for studying?

8 hours ago, JD2012 said:

Just curious if you are invited for testing, do they give enough time for studying?

Well, they said that there will be some form of test on the interview day. They will not have a separate test day this cycle. I don't know how it will be set up because they didn't want to give much detail. I am assuming it will be anatomy and physiology based. The last cycle we were able to choose which interview day we wanted. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got this today: We are working diligently to review applications and should be notifying students by Friday October 6th 2017.

A few schools have contacted me to tell me I'm missing pre-reqs when it turned out that they were listed incorrectly on my CASPA (which is exactly how they were listed on my transcripts, so I'm not sure how they were listed incorrectly LOL). Their last email said not to contact them about statuses, but does anyone think that I should because of what other schools told me? Another admissions personel said that I should reach out to other schools to inform them, but IDK I don't wanna tick anyone off :/

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Navydoc8406 said:

Has anybody else who received the initial e-mail listing the interview dates received the follow up scheduling e-mail yet? It said that the deadline to accept the invitation was October 13th which is just a few days away and I've not yet seen it.

I have yet to receive a follow up email as well. I was going to email them at the end of the day if I hadn't heard anything.

23 hours ago, Navydoc8406 said:

Has anybody else who received the initial e-mail listing the interview dates received the follow up scheduling e-mail yet? It said that the deadline to accept the invitation was October 13th which is just a few days away and I've not yet seen it.

Received the email to schedule this afternoon!

Archived