Application cycle 2017-2018

13 hours ago, Peanut3 said:

Nice! Did you interview in November or December?I wonder how many are on the list waiting for entry for 2021 and how likely it would be to have a spot come up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at last couple years' threads and there is a decent amount of movement on the waitlist!!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have just been accelerated into the class of 2021!!! does anyone know if we are done with clinical in June of 2021 or is it December of 2021? Also, those that have been accelerated do you know how much out-of-pocket or how much tuition goes to the undergrad portion because of it being a BS/MS program? I am just trying to weigh my options because I have also been accepted into a MS program as well but really like D'Youville, but I want to make the best option financially. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

To those who got accepted, can I ask when's the last day that you guys have to answer the admission office on whether or not you are going to join the class?

I am on the waitlist and haven't heard back so just wondering when they will start making decisions regarding to the waitlist.

Thank you!

19 hours ago, aliceb said:

To those who got accepted, can I ask when's the last day that you guys have to answer the admission office on whether or not you are going to join the class?

I am on the waitlist and haven't heard back so just wondering when they will start making decisions regarding to the waitlist.

Thank you!

We had approximately 8 weeks from the day we received the acceptance letter to pay the seat deposit to join the class!

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I have a question regarding the CASPA application. Do we have to attach any documents for their program? I attached my resume, but after submitting my CASPA app (4 days later) I got an email from them saying “To learn more about my app and make sure I submitted my direct patient care hours materials” or something like that. Just making sure they meant through CASPA. 

On 5/31/2018 at 11:13 PM, PAschoollove said:

Hello!

I have a question regarding the CASPA application. Do we have to attach any documents for their program? I attached my resume, but after submitting my CASPA app (4 days later) I got an email from them saying “To learn more about my app and make sure I submitted my direct patient care hours materials” or something like that. Just making sure they meant through CASPA. 

You have to upload all patient care docs and input hours on caspa..you can do so after you submit as well

2 minutes ago, Dpatel123 said:

pretty much..you should contact caspa (617)-612-2080 they will be able to help you as well. 

Yea I already input all my healthcare hours into the experiences section of CASPA, but just got a little confused with this program. I didn't know whether they wanted me to type out my hours in a word document and upload it under the document section as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/26/2018 at 10:40 AM, Peanut3 said:

I already have my bachelors degree and have finished all of the pre-requisites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Peanut3,

My name is Chut, and I see that you got accelerated to the the class of 2021. Can you tell me more about your timeline at Dyouville? I am a transfer student hoping to get accelerated as well, and I have an interview on November 3, 2018, hoping to get in for the graduating class of of 2023. Is your program now 3 yrs and did you have to take the major science classes over again?

Thank you so much,

Chut Pimsuparp

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2018 at 9:54 PM, ChutP said:

Hi Peanut3,

My name is Chut, and I see that you got accelerated to the the class of 2021. Can you tell me more about your timeline at Dyouville? I am a transfer student hoping to get accelerated as well, and I have an interview on November 3, 2018, hoping to get in for the graduating class of of 2023. Is your program now 3 yrs and did you have to take the major science classes over again?

Thank you so much,

Chut Pimsuparp

Hello Chut,

I have declined my spot for the 2021 spot. I was accepted at a different PA school which I am currently attending. If I would have picked D'Youville I would have started January 2019 and would have graduate December of 2021 and the school I am at I will graduate December of 2020. My time line was I had to put my deposit to reserve my seat before they would look to see if I could accelerate. I had to get some syllabus as to what certain courses covered such as organic chemistry and fill out a piece of paper as to why I wanted to accelerate. They got back to me within two months. At first I was denied and then another spot opened up and I was offered it. Don't worry about the interview. Just be yourself. Know the basic questions such as why PA, what is the difference of NP, MD, and PA, your weakness, your strengths, why D'Youville, etc.  

• 1 year later...
On 10/17/2019 at 3:22 PM, NewPAapplicant said:

Hi, 

I know this is an old chat, but I couldn't find any other more recent D'Youville forums. For those who have experience interviewing, could you please give an example of a narrative writing prompt you were given? Is the prompt related to a healthcare issue? I have my interview in November and I am extremely nervous. 

Thank you!

I dont recall it being a healthcare related issue prompt. There were multiple questions (and they dont give you much room to write) but they were more open ended and traditional; I believe one of the question was like '" If you did not get in this cycle, what would you do?" 

I'm not sure what the structure or questions will be this year, but the faculty were really nice and they dont want you to feel nervous. I dont remember any curve balls or anything nerve racking   Be yourself, let your personality shine through, and smile!

• Like 1

Thank you for your kind advice 🙂 Are you a current student at D'Youville?

Are the narrative writings handwritten and timed? Also, do you know how transfer students advance in the program? I understand that I am applying for the 2024 position, but I will be coming in with my bachelors (in biology). Do most students get to move on to the professional phase? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2019 at 2:43 PM, Ana1234 said:

I have my interview nov 23rd. Any tips/advice? I am bit nervous about the natravtive writing 

the narrative writing part wasn't hard from what i remembered. It was traditional question, i believe one of the question was like if you did not get into pa school this cycle what would you do? of course the questions or prompts may be different this year, but i think their intention is to see that you can write coherently and have insight on what they are asking. I would focus on the actual interview portion by practicing interview questions. hope this helps! 

On 10/21/2019 at 8:21 PM, NewPAapplicant said:

Thank you for your kind advice 🙂 Are you a current student at D'Youville?

Are the narrative writings handwritten and timed? Also, do you know how transfer students advance in the program? I understand that I am applying for the 2024 position, but I will be coming in with my bachelors (in biology). Do most students get to move on to the professional phase? 

I am not a current DYouville student, but I did get accepted. The writing is timed, so plan your essay accordingly. You could probably get accelerated with a bachelors degree but it also depends when you took your prereqs. If you took it past 7 years, i believe they make you retake it at that school, so in reality, you dont really get to accelerate to the "masters pa portion." If you are lucky, you could probably do the program in about 3 years ish. once you get accepted, you put down the deposit and theyll go over your transfer credits with you and will give you an estimate of what classes you need and when you would graduate.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:00 PM, ChutP said:

the narrative writing part wasn't hard from what i remembered. It was traditional question, i believe one of the question was like if you did not get into pa school this cycle what would you do? of course the questions or prompts may be different this year, but i think their intention is to see that you can write coherently and have insight on what they are asking. I would focus on the actual interview portion by practicing interview questions. hope this helps! 

thank you for the reply? are you currently a student there ? 

Edited by Ana1234