YooperPA

2017-2018 GVSU Application Thread

2 hours ago, Blattmazo said:

Did anyone get a denial letter? I haven’t heard anything. 

I got an interview invite but I doubt they sent all 80 invites. My friend with better stats than me in all regards has not received an email yet. Keep waiting!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, beva303 said:

Interviewing in TC on 11/3 morning session, so excited!!  Who else is up north with me??

Congratulations!! I hope you get in! :)

Do you mind sharing your stats as I am trying to apply there for next year? Or do you have any advice? Thanks :)

1 hour ago, PhysicianAssistant2 said:

Congratulations!! I hope you get in! :)

Do you mind sharing your stats as I am trying to apply there for next year? Or do you have any advice? Thanks :)

Hi!!  I don't know that sharing my stats is worth it until I get in.  I probably have about 4000 hours in varying HC positions.  I also specifically work in Northern Michigan and feel like I have a good beat on what the needs are in many of our communities and rural medicine is my passion.  I actually moved across country to establish myself here for rural medicine.  I know you have to have a strong tie to N. MI for this program.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, beva303 said:

Hi!!  I don't know that sharing my stats is worth it until I get in.  I probably have about 4000 hours in varying HC positions.  I also specifically work in Northern Michigan and feel like I have a good beat on what the needs are in many of our communities and rural medicine is my passion.  I actually moved across country to establish myself here for rural medicine.  I know you have to have a strong tie to N. MI for this program.

Thanks! I have a very strong connection to northern Michigan (born, raised and work in hospital in northern Michigan) which is what is so appealing about this program! So I’ve got a good handle on that. I’m just worried about GRE and science gpa. Not sure where I really should be. :/

12 hours ago, PhysicianAssistant2 said:

Thanks! I have a very strong connection to northern Michigan (born, raised and work in hospital in northern Michigan) which is what is so appealing about this program! So I’ve got a good handle on that. I’m just worried about GRE and science gpa. Not sure where I really should be. :/

Hi again. I have a 4.0 in all of my science classes except for O. chem.  I have a lot of extra prereq coursework as well (immunology, genetics, etc) Not that those necessarily effect my applications but I do think it gives me a solid base. My GRE is very average. Where do you work?? I'm in the ED at Munson Grayling.

30 minutes ago, Sparty23 said:

Any idea on the number of total interview slots at the TC campus?

I think there was a total of 23.

I was placed on an "interview alternate list," which I guess is just waitlisted. They said they cannot provide the number of people on this list nor the position of any name on the list.

Has anyone been able to figure out what type of interview will be held? Traditional, MMI, etc.? I did send an email to the program but I haven't gotten a response!

Congratulations everyone! I interviewed November 10th and got notified that I am on the Alternate list. Now I am just hoping for the best! I heard that many were taken off the alternate list last year! More waiting :) 

• Upvote 2