2017-2018 GVSU Application Thread

1 hour ago, brandonhughey said:

Congratulations everyone! I interviewed November 10th and got notified that I am on the Alternate list. Now I am just hoping for the best! I heard that many were taken off the alternate list last year! More waiting :) 

Me too, Brandon! Just curious, what did your email say? I am wondering if they sent out the same email to the entire alternate list or personalized them. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, kme21 said:

Me too, Brandon! Just curious, what did your email say? I am wondering if they sent out the same email to the entire alternate list or personalized them. 

I was also placed on the alternate list. I think it is a general email. Mine just said that they cannot tell me my position on the list, but I am a strong candidate. Then there was information regarding transcripts being sent for any outstanding pre-reqs. 

On 11/29/2017 at 0:51 PM, brandonhughey said:

Valinda told me that she cannot disclose how many are currently on the alternate list. She also said that last year they accepted 15 off of the list! 

On 11/29/2017 at 0:51 PM, brandonhughey said:

Valinda told me that she cannot disclose how many are currently on the alternate list. She also said that last year they accepted 15 off of the list! 

Any word back?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BlueWaterAreaPA said:

Has anyone received an offer off of the alternate list for a spot in the class yet? 

And does anyone know how many applicants are currently on the alternate list?

I dont think anyone from the alternate list heard yet. Im guessing 40 on the list. Basically everyone who attended the interview but wasnt accepted.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2018 at 2:37 PM, PAhopeful18 said:

Does anyone know if GVSU will send out an email to the alternates when the class is full? 

I don’t think so, because it could change! Up until the day classes start unfortunately. But I know a lot of people applied to UDM too so if there’s people who have been accepted to GV that end up going to UDM, GV could pull people off the wait list in March/April when UDM people find out. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, erpc110 said:

Anyone heard anything more from the Traverse City campus wait list? Wondering if anyone has dropped yet that got accepted

I'm on the TC waitlist and have not heard anything back since I was told I've been waitlisted. I also don't know of anyone who has been pulled off of the waitlist yet for the TC program. I did speak with Nick on the phone and asked if the TC program typically pulls people off the waitlist and he said they've had at least one every year so far. So I'm not banking on it, but definitely keeping my fingers crossed!

Archived