2017-2018 GVSU Application Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should call them or email them and ask. I am in a similar situation where I have Biochem lecture done but still need to do the lab this upcoming semester. I called them and asked if this is okay and they said it is, but it may be different for the lecture.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Dpatel123 said:

Thanks. I have one pre-req in progress which is BioChem, do you know if they allow it? On the website it does mention BioChem being one of the few pre-req to be completed when applying, but not sure if they are lenient. 

"The following courses MUST be completed at the time of application: Anatomy, Physiology, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Microbiology." I don't know how lenient they are but I would go with what their website says. 

5 minutes ago, Dpatel123 said:

Thanks alot. Yeah we are in a similar situation. I will call them. Do you know how many seats they offer? 

In the last two years, there were approximately 350-450 applicants.  The Grand Rapids campus accepted 36 applicants, and the Traverse City campus accepted 12 applicants..   So basically roughly 48/400 got accepted, which is pretty good odds compared to other schools. Probably means around 100 were interviewed? So about 25% of applicants were interviewed which is a large portion!

2 minutes ago, brandonhughey said:

In the last two years, there were approximately 350-450 applicants.  The Grand Rapids campus accepted 36 applicants, and the Traverse City campus accepted 12 applicants..   So basically roughly 48/400 got accepted, which is pretty good odds compared to other schools. Probably means around 100 were interviewed? So about 25% of applicants were interviewed which is a large portion!

Agreed!

On 8/15/2017 at 0:07 AM, OaklandU Needs PA Program said:

You should call them or email them and ask. I am in a similar situation where I have Biochem lecture done but still need to do the lab this upcoming semester. I called them and asked if this is okay and they said it is, but it may be different for the lecture.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hi ! I just wanted to mention to you that I did not take a biochemistry lab at all and I have had no problems with pre reqs with any other school including GVSU. I took the second semester of organic chemistry this summer for GVSU and I asked them if they required the lab and they even said no it is not required with the pre requisite. They may be lying to me and I'll get screwed over later in the cycle, but if you're not incline to taking the lab this upcoming semester I would definitely check into that!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, mmR27 said:

Anyone hear back yet? how do we check the status of our apps?

I think it's all a waiting game now. You should have received an email from graduate admissions saying that they have received everything for your application and forwarded it to the committee. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived