2017-2018 Yale University (on campus) Application Thread

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jmjones said:

I received my acceptance email from the 10/31 interview on 11/14. I'm super excited, but I'm on the fence on if I'll attend. 

Does anyone know if Yale has any financial aid options?

You should have gotten an email with some financial aid options they recommend. From what I remember, there are no scholarships until the 3rd year of the program from Yale. You mostly have to look for your own scholarships. You basically need to look for scholarships or take out loans (Grad PLUS or other stuff from the government)

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:45 PM, MG358 said:

is there a facebook page for accepted students?

Hi future classmate! I interviewed 10/12 and was accepted 10/26.  I would love to know if there is a Facebook page, I want to start meeting everyone and getting info. Do you think it'll be something the school sends out or something someone in the class has to make on their own? So excited to meet you and our other classmates! 

15 hours ago, futurePAomg said:

Hi future classmate! I interviewed 10/12 and was accepted 10/26.  I would love to know if there is a Facebook page, I want to start meeting everyone and getting info. Do you think it'll be something the school sends out or something someone in the class has to make on their own? So excited to meet you and our other classmates! 

Hi! Yay, so excited to meet everyone :) I have no idea about the facebook group, I think it's probably something we make on our own but I'll double check with the program!

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, ChristineB said:

Has anyone gotten in off of the waitlist yet? Yale apparently does not rank applicants on the waitlist so it's difficult to know how close (or far) we might be from a potential open spot.

I haven't. Do you know how they go about pulling people off the waitlist, since they don't rank us? Is it just luck of the draw?

3 hours ago, medlabscientist said:

I haven't. Do you know how they go about pulling people off the waitlist, since they don't rank us? Is it just luck of the draw?

I was told they "take a holistic approach" to evaluating applicants. I assume this means they can't disclose that information. Inevitably applicants will be ranked, because when a spot opens it can only be offered to one person. I'm not sure if other schools have a ranked list or not. It would just be very nice to know where we stand! 

Archived