2017-2018 Yale University (on campus) Application Thread

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think I'll get in due to my Verbal score but I applied anyway!

Major: Exercise Science

cGPA: 3.93

sGPA: 3.96

Yale PreReq: 4.0

GRE: 26% Verbal, 76% Quant, 59% AW

Hours: 1600 Med Tech + 1600 Home Health Aide (Yale counts this I believe) (3200 Total)

Research: Senior Honors Thesis which was a Clinical Research project, which made my supplemental question answer for the clinical research question strong

Volunteer: 200 hours PT clinics, 100 Pre-Physical Therapy Volunteer coordinator (I know, changed path)

Maybe I'll land an interview. My personal statement was strong and unique so maybe! Also my GPA and hours are okay. But the average last year was 80% Verbal which would knock me out.

• 3 weeks later...

I received an email stating that my application is fully complete and that it is under review, and that they would contact me in the future if I was to receive an interview. That was about two weeks ago. From talking to current students I don't think they start sending invites until August/September.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2017 at 11:55 AM, OaklandU Needs PA Program said:

I received an email stating that my application is fully complete and that it is under review, and that they would contact me in the future if I was to receive an interview. That was about two weeks ago. From talking to current students I don't think they start sending invites until August/September.

Was there an essay or anything for their supplemental?

5 minutes ago, eliam22 said:

just received an offer to interview online! they give you several dates and times to choose from, and it says there are 2 interviews that are 20 min long. i chose august 14

Congratulations! Is this for the online program or on campus program? Just slightly confused by the wording of "interview online"

• YooperPA changed the title to 2017-2018 Yale University (on campus) Application Thread
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, pa933 said:

Anyone know what the deadline is for Yale to receive the gre scores?

On their website it says, "We recommend that all GRE examinations be scheduled by August 1st. Only fully verified and completed applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee...Applicants must e-submit their CASPA application by 11:59pm EST on September 1st. Applications must be verified (GPA calculated) and complete by October 1st." From that, I'd say that's Yale needs to have your GRE scores by October 1st. 

On 8/28/2017 at 8:43 AM, medlabscientist said:

On their website it says, "We recommend that all GRE examinations be scheduled by August 1st. Only fully verified and completed applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee...Applicants must e-submit their CASPA application by 11:59pm EST on September 1st. Applications must be verified (GPA calculated) and complete by October 1st." From that, I'd say that's Yale needs to have your GRE scores by October 1st. 

That makes sense, Thank you so much! :) 

• 2 weeks later...

To facilitate and support cohort communication, I created the following FB group for those of us who have accepted a spot: Yale Online MPA Class of 2020 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/477688979282680/).  I'm planning on the Accreditation Review Commission granting "Accreditation-Provisional" status and that we're a "go" for matriculation in January. 

4 hours ago, lc3035 said:

To facilitate and support cohort communication, I created the following FB group for those of us who have accepted a spot: Yale Online MPA Class of 2020 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/477688979282680/).  I'm planning on the Accreditation Review Commission granting "Accreditation-Provisional" status and that we're a "go" for matriculation in January. 

this is the on-campus forum

Archived