2017-2018 Stony Brook Application Thread

On 9/21/2017 at 6:00 PM, Emrose said:

Hi everyone, I was in the afternoon interview and was called, and accepted, today around 3:30pm (New York time). I truly hope everyone who loved Stony Brook gets in and I wish you the best of the luck! Let me know if you have any questions or anything at all!

Would it be possible if you can list ur stats- hours, gpa etc. ? 

5 minutes ago, JKS95 said:

Would it be possible if you can list ur stats- hours, gpa etc. ? 

No problem! 

GRE- 152 (55%) Verbal, 155 (59%) Quant, 4.5 (82%) Analytical writing

GPA-

Science: 3.33 (it was 3.20 in undergrad as a bio major and 3.97 in grad school- I am currently getting my MPH)

Cumulative: GPA 3.51 (it was 3.42 in undergrad and now it's a 3.94)

HCE- I have 5000+ hours scribing in the ED, 1200+ medical assistant (1100+ in a pain management clinic and 100 hrs in Peru), I started a nonrofit in undergrad and also started an on campus organization, and I spent two months in Uganda doing public health work this summer.

I hope this helps!!

3 hours ago, bbestle said:

If anyone got invited to the October 19th, did you receive the follow up email with more information yet?

I just got an ok after I confirmed I’ll be attending. The first email i received seemed to have all the information about where and when to meet and how long to expect to be there. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, HopefulPA1994 said:

Interviewed on Oct 19th. Does anyone know approximately when I will be hearing back? 

I am not sure.  They said up to 2 weeks at the presentation but going by this thread the September interviewees got a call after 4 days. (Saturday interview, Wednesday offers).  Hopefully we will hear soon.  Fingers crossed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lrosshi said:

I'll be interviewing 11/16 in the afternoon! For those who went to the interview, do you have any tips?

if you haven't interviewed anywhere else before, i would just go over the main websites that pop up when you google physician assistant interview questions. go over and over those until you feel comfortable and then even if you don't get asked those exact questions, you'll be able to twist what you had in your mind to answer the question you do get. have specific experiences of yours in your mind and try to incorporate those into your answers. they do ask a lot of questions at this one but the interviewers were super laid back and it was very conversational! if they ask you something you're unsure about, just be honest and say you're not sure and then try to follow up with something general so you at least made an attempt. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Congrats to those who were accepted and good luck to all those who are still waiting to hear back! 

For those that were already accepted, aside from formally accepting your seat on SOLAR, did you get any notification regarding a deposit or any additional paper work? Just want to make sure i’m not missing anything.

Thanks!