2017-2018 Application Cycle

I just received an interview invitation! I know this thread isn't that active, but I was wondering if anybody could shed a little more light on the interview day? Are you interviewing with one other person, or a panel of interviewers? Also. how soon did you hear back? Within a week from the interview date?

Thank you to anyone that can help!

Just now, Mirabilis said:

I just received an interview invitation! I know this thread isn't that active, but I was wondering if anybody could shed a little more light on the interview day? Are you interviewing with one other person, or a panel of interviewers? Also. how soon did you hear back? Within a week from the interview date?

Thank you to anyone that can help!

Hello! Congrats on the invite! You'll have a 20 minute interview with a panel of interviewers. While the other applicants are in their interviews, you will sit in on a lecture with the PA students. Then, you'll have lunch with some PA students (a good opportunity to ask them lots of questions) and have a quick tour. I heard back the Wednesday after I interviewed, so super quick turn around. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I know they are interviewing till February, so I am sure that there are more people waiting to be interviewed. Also, there are people on the active list as well likely waiting for things to move, but I dont think that happens till April. Probably quiet secondary to PTSD on this website... ;) I am sure people who have accepted will reach out soon. 

I recently had my interview! It went well, everyone was super friendly. Some students said they could possibly interview into March, it depends how quickly they fill seats after each interview session.

I asked the current students if they knew how many seats had been filled, and they said the faculty does not give them any of that information, so nobody will really give you an answer regarding how full the class is.

Only 2 people have posted here that they have been accepted, lol. I wish more people used the PA Forum!! It would be easier to tell.

They said I would hear next week, so fingers crossed..

Nobody else is really posting, but figured I would update anyway for those that might possibly still be lurking.

I'm on the active list. Little bummed, but it is what it is.

I have hope because they said that 16 students of their current class got pulled from the active list.

They also said they will not start pulling from the active list until April. 

Good luck to those still interviewing!! 

1 hour ago, Mirabilis said:

Nobody else is really posting, but figured I would update anyway for those that might possibly still be lurking.

I'm on the active list. Little bummed, but it is what it is.

I have hope because they said that 16 students of their current class got pulled from the active list.

They also said they will not start pulling from the active list until April. 

Good luck to those still interviewing!! 

Hey, being on the active list is definitely better than a rejection. And 16 students means that half of their class were from the active list! You still have a great chance so continue being positive and don't lose hope! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Fellow waitlister here! I haven't heard anything either. I dream of going to Rocky and being in the dark is the worst. Calle said that they called someone 3 days before the start of program last year. Expect to wait a while.

It's mostly rough because no one knows their waitlist position. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I have the funds to apply for this next cycle so a rejection would put be back about a year or so :(

Hello!

As I mentioned previously, I was waitlisted back in January.

I am so so happy to say that they offered me a seat last week!!!

This is my 3rd year applying, and I was so scared too, but I can't believe it happened!

Do those accepted know if there is a facebook page for our class yet?

Congratulations! We do have a facebook page for our class. Calley will send us a group email with your info (at least that's how she's done it with a few others recently) and the page admin will send you an invite. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Archived