2017-2018 Cycle

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 7:40 PM, Romes said:

Anyone have an interview on January 19th? I’m not sure if I will be flying or driving (from Illinois). Tickets from Illinois to Knoxville is about $400, so I may just fly out to Kentucky. If anyone wants to jump in on meeting somewhere and splitting costs towards a place to stay or could recommend any places nearby DCOM, let me know! Thanks :)

Hi, If you don't mind Can you please share when did you get verified by and your stats? 

On 12/11/2017 at 3:42 PM, KaseyK said:

I interviewed this past Friday (December 8), and for those of you who got accepted, how long did it take until you heard something from LMU? They told me it would be within two weeks but I was curious how quickly you heard. 

It was relatively quick. I think approximately one week. Hope to see you in May!

I think for the second interview group it was like 5 business days until we got our acceptance emails 

On 12/11/2017 at 2:42 PM, KaseyK said:

I interviewed this past Friday (December 8), and for those of you who got accepted, how long did it take until you heard something from LMU? They told me it would be within two weeks but I was curious how quickly you heard. 

12 hours ago, Pajohnny said:

Congrats to those who have been accepted. I just got my interview.   Can anyone who has been through the interview process outline what the day is like and what to expect. What type of questions were asked. One on one interviews or group?

It was a very relaxed day and overall a great experience. It begins with presentations from the director and other faculty/staff. Then the first round of interviews which consisted of 2 questions lasting approximately 15 minutes. (2 faculty/staff and you). After completing the first round of interviews, there was provided lunch within the cafeteria. After lunch, there was a tour of the lecture halls, simulation labs, and study rooms. You will then have a presentation with a gentleman from the finance department about financial assistance. After this presentation, you will have the second and last interview. Same structure as the first, but with different faculty/staff. I suggest you go into the interview day as relaxed as possible. You obviously already have the numbers to get into the program, you just need to prove to them that you will be a caring provider that is able to communicate with patients. I HIGHLY suggest going to the dinner with the ambassadors the night before. You do not have an edge against people who do not attend; however, you will be able to develop relationships with current students which I found extremely beneficial during the interview day. Goodluck. 

21 hours ago, Pajohnny said:

Congrats to those who have been accepted. I just got my interview.   Can anyone who has been through the interview process outline what the day is like and what to expect. What type of questions were asked. One on one interviews or group?

Hi! Good luck on interview. Can you please share when did u Get verified? 

• 4 weeks later...
The faculty here are extremely nice and want you to succeed. The facilities are amazing. For anatomy over the summer we have access to the donor labs 24/7, which is VERY helpful for studying. We also have a simulation lab and patient exam rooms, which we use for practicals. Those are a few of the things that stood out to me when I interviewed. As a class we will also put together many fundraisers, some of which go to Servolution. Servolution is a free clinic in the area, which we get the chance to see patients at during our didactic year!! As for my class profile, I don't remember all of my exact numbers. I know I had over 2000 clinical hours as a medical assistant and over 40 hours shadowing a PA. I took quite a few classes at other colleges besides where I completed my undergrad, but I believe I had around a 3.4 GPA. I scored a 301 on the GRE. I also had volunteering hours and a research internship. You can also go on to our school's website and look at the class of 2019 stats.

Thank you so much for your info. I do have questions regarding to the clinical rotations. Does the school help/assign you a place to go for your clinical? Or you will have to actually look for a hospital/clinic to do the rotation?

5 hours ago, Tihu193 said:

Thank you so much for your info. I do have questions regarding to the clinical rotations. Does the school help/assign you a place to go for your clinical? Or you will have to actually look for a hospital/clinic to do the rotation?

We currently have over 230 rotations with the majority in TN and FL. We also have a good amount in TX, GA, and KY. Other places include AR, AL, CO, IL, MD, MI, MN, NC, NM, QL, SC, UK, VA, and in other countries. As far as hospitals/clinics go for rotations, they go from very rural areas to huge cities.

We are able to pick our core rotations from those and we are able to set up our elective & selective rotation on our own if we want to. There should be more info on this on our page somewhere. 

We currently have over 230 rotations with the majority in TN and FL. We also have a good amount in TX, GA, and KY. Other places include AR, AL, CO, IL, MD, MI, MN, NC, NM, QL, SC, UK, VA, and in other countries. As far as hospitals/clinics go for rotations, they go from very rural areas to huge cities.
We are able to pick our core rotations from those and we are able to set up our elective & selective rotation on our own if we want to. There should be more info on this on our page somewhere. 

Thank you so much for your response. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a very relaxed day and overall a great experience. It begins with presentations from the director and other faculty/staff. Then the first round of interviews which consisted of 2 questions lasting approximately 15 minutes. (2 faculty/staff and you). After completing the first round of interviews, there was provided lunch within the cafeteria. After lunch, there was a tour of the lecture halls, simulation labs, and study rooms. You will then have a presentation with a gentleman from the finance department about financial assistance. After this presentation, you will have the second and last interview. Same structure as the first, but with different faculty/staff. I suggest you go into the interview day as relaxed as possible. You obviously already have the numbers to get into the program, you just need to prove to them that you will be a caring provider that is able to communicate with patients. I HIGHLY suggest going to the dinner with the ambassadors the night before. You do not have an edge against people who do not attend; however, you will be able to develop relationships with current students which I found extremely beneficial during the interview day. Goodluck. 

Hi, I got an interview invitation on Jan 19th. I’m super excited but nervous at the same time. I’m planning going to the dinner with the ambassadors the night before to calm my nerves down a little. Do you have any suggestion of what to wear for the dinner?

I am currently in the PA program at LMU and would be happy to answer any questions you all may have.

Hi, thank you for your kind offer. LMU is a great program and I wonder if you can do me a favor by showing me how your schedule looks like during the didactic year? That would be a great help!

1 hour ago, Pajohnny said:

When will all the decisions be made? Has anyone heard how many has been accepted and how many seats are open. 

I heard if you are from out of the region you probably will not get a seat 

You should hear back within two weeks of your interview. However, if they place you on the waitlist then you could potentially get accepted up until a few weeks before classes start. 

While there are a lot of people from around TN in our current class...I would say about half are from elsewhere.

Archived