2017-2018 Cycle

11 hours ago, microbio14 said:

Congrats! The people that received interviews when was your application complete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not believe the timing of when you submit your application matters. There are multiple people I have spoken with in our class that submitted early and didn't hear anything until the end of the year or beginning of the next and vice versa. The first time I applied, I didn't get everything submitted until October and got an interview invite for November. The second year I applied I had everything submitted in May or early June and I didn't get an invite until the end of December for January.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hopefulpa17 said:

Just got invited to interview 9/29. Any tips from previous interviewers?

The interview process is very laid back. We had two interviews with one or two professors. The questions they asked were basically to see what kind of person I was. I was asked questions about how I might handle a certain situation, to explain a time I had to use a certain quality of mine, and just general questions about myself. The faculty are extremely nice and the interview here was a good experience. Just be yourself and do not stress :) 

Side note: if you plan on wearing heels, you might want to bring a pair of flats for when we tour the building and walk to food court to get lunch.

16 hours ago, newbie92 said:

The interview process is very laid back. We had two interviews with one or two professors. The questions they asked were basically to see what kind of person I was. I was asked questions about how I might handle a certain situation, to explain a time I had to use a certain quality of mine, and just general questions about myself. The faculty are extremely nice and the interview here was a good experience. Just be yourself and do not stress :) 

Side note: if you plan on wearing heels, you might want to bring a pair of flats for when we tour the building and walk to food court to get lunch.

Thank you so much for the info. I am very excited to interview here. I also appreciate the advice about heels; however, I am more of the suit and tie type if you catch my drift.

On 9/11/2017 at 6:01 PM, newbie92 said:

What are you wanting to know? I reapplied here, got in on my second try.

I was just curious as to if they have any sort of preference for reapplicants? And if there was anything different you should know about going in to interviews for the second time around?

4 hours ago, mbhall2 said:

I was just curious as to if they have any sort of preference for reapplicants? And if there was anything different you should know about going in to interviews for the second time around?

I was talking to one of our professors today and actually asked if reapplicants got "bonus points." He said they do because it shows dedication. 

I would also suggest during your interview to bring up that you are a reapplicant. This allows you to be able to say what you have done and improved on since you last applied.

I would also be sure to write thank you notes to the faculty you interview with. 

Archived