2017-2018 Cycle

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/14/2017 at 1:02 AM, Giff4 said:

Hey guys thought I would start up a thread for the new cycle. What's everyone think about the program? I've heard only good things from several people that have attended the program. Has anyone heard anything back from them yet? 

A friend of a friend attends the program, and he said his buddy really enjoyed it.  As far as hearing anything back, I think they start reviewing in July,so I wouldn't be worried about not hearing back so far.  Good luck to everyone who is applying!

8 hours ago, imt709 said:

A friend of a friend attends the program, and he said his buddy really enjoyed it.  As far as hearing anything back, I think they start reviewing in July,so I wouldn't be worried about not hearing back so far.  Good luck to everyone who is applying!

It sounds like an excellent program. I met a former student at my job, she is a PA in the Emergency Department at KDMC. She loved LMU and said she wouldn't have went anywhere else. Thank you for the advice! Waiting is the worst part about applying. 

On July 5, 2017 at 9:20 PM, newbie92 said:

I am currently in the PA program at LMU and would be happy to answer any questions you all may have.

Thank you so much. Hoping they start sending out invitations and stuff soon so we can all find out! 

On 7/5/2017 at 9:20 PM, newbie92 said:

I am currently in the PA program at LMU and would be happy to answer any questions you all may have.

Whats your favorite part about the program? Also, would you happen to know your class profile (GPA, Hours, etc)? Any info would be great!

The faculty here are extremely nice and want you to succeed. The facilities are amazing. For anatomy over the summer we have access to the donor labs 24/7, which is VERY helpful for studying. We also have a simulation lab and patient exam rooms, which we use for practicals. Those are a few of the things that stood out to me when I interviewed. As a class we will also put together many fundraisers, some of which go to Servolution. Servolution is a free clinic in the area, which we get the chance to see patients at during our didactic year!! As for my class profile, I don't remember all of my exact numbers. I know I had over 2000 clinical hours as a medical assistant and over 40 hours shadowing a PA. I took quite a few classes at other colleges besides where I completed my undergrad, but I believe I had around a 3.4 GPA. I scored a 301 on the GRE. I also had volunteering hours and a research internship. You can also go on to our school's website and look at the class of 2019 stats.

On 7/12/2017 at 6:30 PM, imt709 said:

Does anyone know when they begin to send out any updates regarding interviews or denials?  I believe their website says they begin reviewing in July, but was wondering if anyone had any other insight!

Based on what I have heard from students in our class, you could hear something as early as August or as late as April. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2017 at 10:29 AM, microbio14 said:

I recently had all my application materials submitted, did anyone receive an email stating that all the materials were received?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received confirmation that everything had been received about a week later.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2017 at 2:38 PM, drizzydrake said:

Hey Everyone!

I am a current student in the class of 2019 so please feel free to ask any questions!

If you guys were wondering when they are conducting interviews for the upcoming cycle:

Sep 29

Oct 20

Nov 10

Dec 8

Jan 12

Jan 19

Feb 2

Feb 9

Good Luck!

Thanks for the info! Do you know when they start sending out interview invites?

9 hours ago, imt709 said:

Thanks for the info! Do you know when they start sending out interview invites?

No Problem! Unfortunately I don't know the specifics, but last year I was in the October interview and they sent out my invite in late September. I got the decision about 2 weeks after the interview.

17 hours ago, mgiroue said:

Woo! Congratulations! Which state are you from? Seems like travel will take a bit of planning.

I live in Atlanta, its about a 5 hour drive, I unfortunately have work on Thursday, so will be arriving pretty late Thursday night!  What about yourself?

29 minutes ago, imt709 said:

I live in Atlanta, its about a 5 hour drive, I unfortunately have work on Thursday, so will be arriving pretty late Thursday night!  What about yourself?

I will need to fly in from Colorado. Wish I live close enough to drive!

Archived