2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, adorsey said:

Congrats to all those accepted! I was accepted too (yay!). But I will be giving up my seat, so hopefully that means good news for someone who may have been waitlisted! 

I was accepted as well and will also be giving up my seat. Good luck to whoever gets my spot!

7 hours ago, h020811 said:

If any current students or anyone familiar with the BR area have any recommendations for apartment complexes please let me know!  Also let me know if anyone is in search of a roommate! :)

Hello! 

Current student! I moved from Florida in December of last year, so I know it can be daunting to find an apartment in a cityyou'e unfamiliar with. 

I live in citiscape (the apartments right across from the school on Mancuso). My apartment is nice and being so close to school  is great because we all know Baton Rouge traffic can be awful! My building is currently under construction, but they're almost finished. 

Another classmate lives in indigo Park (off Nicholson) and I've visited her there and was very impressed. Some other live off bluebonnet and others have houses in the surrounding area. 

I'd try to stay away from the LSU apartments. The undergrads there tend to get loud. 

Feel free to ask any questions!

-Sherbert

I know they can't tell you where you are on the alternate list, but they might be able to tell you how many people are on it. I would call and ask! I don't think being out of state will lower your chances if you made the alternate list. There has already been a few people on this forum who have given up their seats so you still have a really good chance of being accepted! 

• 4 months later...

Hi @Destzan

The interview style for me (fall 2017) was MMI. There were  different interviews that was set up in a large conference room. I believe we had 10 minutes with each person or group of people. Then we went straight into the next interview. The questions were mainly situationally based, but if you were to answer their question(s) before your time was up, it is a good time to let your personality shine a bit. Ask them questions or find something relatable (before the interview they introduce many of the interviewers to you, so if you listen to those little facts it can be a good talking point.).

I am sure you will hear/see this a lot, but make sure to be yourself! They know you stats and what not, so just go in confident in who you are and what you can bring to the program. 

Feel free to reach out to me if you guys have any other questions! Physician assistant forum was a god send for me during my application process. (:

• 3 months later...

Hello y'all!

Hope everyone is enjoying their first year or so. I am applying for the class starting in January 2019. I am done with my essay, but wanted to ask about the "personal statement" part in the program materials section specific to FranU. What exactly are we supposed to put for the personal statement. It doesn't give a prompt or a question like the essay, so I am a little confused by the vagueness. 

Best,

Brandon Foto

12 hours ago, BrandF said:

Hello y'all!

Hope everyone is enjoying their first year or so. I am applying for the class starting in January 2019. I am done with my essay, but wanted to ask about the "personal statement" part in the program materials section specific to FranU. What exactly are we supposed to put for the personal statement. It doesn't give a prompt or a question like the essay, so I am a little confused by the vagueness. 

Best,

Brandon Foto

Hello Brandon. I am looking into their program as well and I was wondering the same thing. I looked on this forum for previous post, but I did not see anything that could answer my question. I am glad to see that I am not the only one confused for this part? I wonder is it suppose to be a duplicate of our CASPA personal statement?

Archived