2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2018 at 5:48 PM, mmh said:

TUITON. emoji15.png

Did you choose Stanford or a different school?

I'm having a hard time deciding myself. Stanford is an amazing opportunity that I know very well I will never receive again, it will open doors and provide me with resources not accessible at most schools. It's also an opportunity to grow and become the very best PA I could possibly be...but I just keep thinking about the local school I got into with cheaper tuition that would allow me to stay at home, and I keep losing sleep over it! 

On 2/24/2018 at 6:23 PM, curitibaPA said:

Did you choose Stanford or a different school?

I'm having a hard time deciding myself. Stanford is an amazing opportunity that I know very well I will never receive again, it will open doors and provide me with resources not accessible at most schools. It's also an opportunity to grow and become the very best PA I could possibly be...but I just keep thinking about the local school I got into with cheaper tuition that would allow me to stay at home, and I keep losing sleep over it! 

The best advice I can offer you as a current student is to go where you think you'll be the happiest. This is the next 2-3 years of your life, and you'll be spending 90% of your time in class, at events with your class, hanging out with your class. Which school did you get a better vibe from? Where do you think you'll fit in more? Will you be relying on your support group back home during this process, and how will that affect you if you were to be far away from them? Ultimately, school is what YOU make of it. If you decide to go to Stanford but you are missing your family/friends back home, or don't enjoy California or the Stanford environment, you won't be able to take advantage of the resources to the fullest and you won't be happy. If you go to your local school but having all these resources is really important to you, then you might feel unfulfilled in your education. Ultimately it's hard for someone else to tell you what the better decision is, but it's what fits best for you! Good luck with your choice, I'm sure whatever you decide on, you will do great!

Archived