2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I noticed on their website that all their prerequisites are recommended. Has anyone got an actual confirmation that they would disqualify you if you did not meet any of these requirements? Or are there any past applicants that got in without having completed one prereq? I've tried contacting them several times to no avail. Thanks!

Link for reference: http://med.stanford.edu/pa/admissions/entrance-requirements.html

I'm finishing my supplemental application. Hopefully I will be done and send it before end of this week.

Good luck guys.:)

When you mean "supplemental application" do you mean the additional questions on CASPA specifically for Stanford? I was under the impression that there was no separate supplemental application...?

When you mean "supplemental application" do you mean the additional questions on CASPA specifically for Stanford? I was under the impression that there was no separate supplemental application...?

Ive looked it over i think he was referring to the supplement questions we did on CASPA

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what is expected when it comes to uploading additional documents other than the ones it says are strongly recommended? Should I re-upload a copy of my personal statement? And what kind of writing sample are they looking for?

• 2 weeks later...
Afternoon everyone! Has anyone heard anything from Stanford? Even just a "receipt of application" email? Applied in late May and at this point have at least been contacted by my other programs. Please let me know! Good luck to everyone!
Cheers, 
Dan

Nope. I'm in the same boat. CASPA verified mid May, no word yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received the following email from Stanford today...

Dear Applicant,

Your application for the Stanford School of Medicine, MS in PA Studies has been received. We are presently in the process of reviewing each application. Due to the high level of interest in our program, we will not be able to give personal feedback to every applicant.

Thank you again for your interest in our program.

Fred M. Tovar, M.Ed.

Senior Admissions Officer

11 minutes ago, CherCher said:

Dear Applicant,

Your application for the Stanford School of Medicine, MS in PA Studies has been received. We are presently in the process of reviewing each application. Due to the high level of interest in our program, we will not be able to give personal feedback to every applicant.

Fred M. Tovar, M.Ed.

What was this in response to, i.e., had you sent them an email asking about your status?

Dear Applicant,

Fred M. Tovar, M.Ed.

Just got the same. It's nice to know something is happening. I was beginning to worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

When sending your GRE scores to Stanford, did your score post to your CASPA?

I contacted ETS and they told me "Please be advised, STANFORD UNIVERSITY (4704) is not affiliated with CASPA. Therefore, your scores were sent directly to the institution, not to CASPA."

Is there a way for us to confirm Stanford received the scores?

10 hours ago, lpq said:

Hi all,

I contacted ETS and they told me "Please be advised, STANFORD UNIVERSITY (4704) is not affiliated with CASPA. Therefore, your scores were sent directly to the institution, not to CASPA."

Yes, some schools don't have GRE scores sent through CASPA and I believe Stanford is one of these schools.  You can always email the admissions office to confirm that they received them.  I'm sure they would be happy to do so!

13 hours ago, lpq said:

Hi all,

I contacted Stanford about it and Fred informed me that if it was sent to the school then they most likely have received it. If something is missing from our file, they will contact us!

Has anyone else noticed the massive tuition hike from the PCAP program to the MS program? Initially tuition was $7500/quarter for 7 quarters, total with fees around 60-70k. Now it's 16.5k/quarter for 9 quarters, total with fees around 160k! That's more than double. Am I misunderstanding this, or have they just increased the price as they feel the program is significantly more worthy now? 

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2017 at 0:10 AM, Swiftest said:

Has anyone else noticed the massive tuition hike from the PCAP program to the MS program? Initially tuition was $7500/quarter for 7 quarters, total with fees around 60-70k. Now it's 16.5k/quarter for 9 quarters, total with fees around 160k! That's more than double. Am I misunderstanding this, or have they just increased the price as they feel the program is significantly more worthy now? 

You are correct! This is terrible. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi 2017-2018 applicants! 

I'm a current Stanford MSPA student. In honor of upcoming PA week (Oct 6-12), we recently launched a student run Instagram page for our program. Be sure to follow us at @Stanford.MSPA on Instagram to get an inside scoop into our program. Good luck with applications this cycle! 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived