2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did not get an interview invite ... but I’m game . Because I already accepted a spot into another program. I know you all will be wonderful PA’s in the future. 

If you did by get an interview for this program or accepted anywhere , keep your head up . If this is what you really want to do, it will come to you in due time.

I will be flying in on the 4th and interviewing on the 5th. Anybody know how the weather typically is around that time?... Obviously I'm expecting cold like 20 degrees and snow? But I'm also thinking from a travel perspective.
@AspiringPA21

BS in athletic training
Around 1900 hrs as an athletic trainer.
cGPA - 3.47
sGPA - 3.62

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Straight out rejection [emoji20]  If some of you don't mind, can you share your stats?  

Don’t feel bad - I received a rejection as well. My cGPA is a 3.3 (due to grades being factored in from classes I took at a community college over ten years ago), but sGPA 3.9. I also have over 6,000 of healthcare experience. My LORs were also decent so I’m not sure where I went wrong.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also received an interview on Friday! Weird because the e-mail went into my "promotions" folder on gmail, glad I checked that one and saw it! Everyone check all your inboxes because sometimes these emails don't go directly into your official inbox. So excited to see the school and meet everyone! :)

7 hours ago, EW014334 said:

Don’t feel bad - I received a rejection as well. My cGPA is a 3.3 (due to grades being factored in from classes I took at a community college over ten years ago), but sGPA 3.9. I also have over 6,000 of healthcare experience. My LORs were also decent so I’m not sure where I went wrong.  

Sorry to hear that. It's quite disheartening but your stats seem great. You will definitely get in somewhere. My c/sGPA is nowhere close to yours--much less. But we'll get there!

Anyone have any information about how many they'll be interviewing each day? They're only interviewing on Jan 4,5,6, so I'm guessing 50 per day. 

Last year, they told us they were interviewing around 270-280 people all together. They have 75 spots to fill.

Last year, they told us they were interviewing around 270-280 people all together. They have 75 spots to fill.

Can you offer any insight to the interview process itself? Any major curve balls, unexpected activities, etc?

Can you offer any insight to the interview process itself? Any major curve balls, unexpected activities, etc?

The individual interview was 15 minutes with a faculty member and a PA working in the field. My interviewers were conversational and the questions were standard. Just do the standard prep and you will be fine. The essay portion was fair and nothing you need to prepare for. The group interview was more of a group activity where you pitch in ideas together as a group. I enjoyed the interview process and didn’t think there were any curve balls thrown at us. They really just want to get to know you as a person. There will be a lot of people interviewing so it could be a little intimidating but don’t let it get to you! You are just as qualified as everyone there!

Archived