Virginia: Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (Mary Baldwin University)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BlueHenPA16 said:

Hi! I was wondering if anyone else had received an email from MB during this process stating that they can't give an update on status but they're still considered an active applicant meaning they could be asked to interview? I received this email and was wondering if it meant they'd reviewed my application. 

i received the same email. I have the same question.

8 hours ago, BlueHenPA16 said:

Hi! I was wondering if anyone else had received an email from MB during this process stating that they can't give an update on status but they're still considered an active applicant meaning they could be asked to interview? I received this email and was wondering if it meant they'd reviewed my application. 

I also received this email today and wondered what it meant. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, tiffahnayyy said:

Did anyone else get the email regarding accreditation? Thoughts?

I did, but I am not too concerned. Two months after we matriculate, they'll be reviewed and hopefully back with provisional status. The only concern I have is the fact that during my interview, the program boasted about the quality and availability of their clinical rotations, but had trouble providing supportive documentation just two months prior.

2 hours ago, Wellness said:

I did, but I am not too concerned. Two months after we matriculate, they'll be reviewed and hopefully back with provisional status. The only concern I have is the fact that during my interview, the program boasted about the quality and availability of their clinical rotations, but had trouble providing supportive documentation just two months prior.

I agree with you Wellness.  As long as the overall education isn't the determining factor; it shouldn't raise to many red flags.  Also, just to add to what you said, during my interview one of the faculty members mentioned it was difficult to keep the MDCHS students close to Fishersville due to the UVA's medical program.  I'm sure its not easy to place students when you have to keep looking further and further from your home campus.  Fortunately, they'll have another two years under their belt by the time we all get there.     

• Upvote 1

On 10/5/2017 at 10:29 PM, Wellness said:

Hi Wellness...

The trouble with the documentation surrounding the clinical rotations was not actually the documentation itself....but the fact it was not actually inputted into the ARC PA portal!!! However, I have it on good authority that this has been resolved...