2017-2018 Application Cycle

On 10/10/2017 at 0:03 PM, BRG921 said:

I am interviewing November 9th. Does anyone know if the interviewers will have access to our application ahead of time or are we interviewing on a clean slate?

Good luck to those of you interviewing this week!

Upstate has blind MMI. They review your application after they have interviewed you and evaluated your responses. So, a clean slate. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just received an email that my application is on a HOLD status. Does anyone have an idea of what this means?

I received that same email last cycle. It means they’re going to let a few more interviews pass until they make a final decision about your application. It’s kind of like a “hang on, we don’t know yet” thing. They can still either reject, accept, or place you on the waitlist. About a month after I received that email, they sent another email informing me that I was placed on the waitlist. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received that same email last cycle. It means they’re going to let a few more interviews pass until they make a final decision about your application. It’s kind of like a “hang on, we don’t know yet” thing. They can still either reject, accept, or place you on the waitlist. About a month after I received that email, they sent another email informing me that I was placed on the waitlist. Hope this helps!

Ok thank you!!

1 hour ago, Brennamarie3 said:

I received an acceptance phone call on Friday! They said they haven’t informed many people just yet. 

Congrats!  I called them yesterday since I have to put a deposit down for another school but wanted to hear from them first.  Apparently they aren't meeting again until October 31 so I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

On 10/20/2017 at 4:14 PM, elst_95 said:

Hey elst_95 did you interview before they placed your application on "hold?" I got that email last Friday as well but haven't interviewed or anything. I was wondering if the waitlist you were placed on was for an interview.

Hey elst_95 did you interview before they placed your application on "hold?" I got that email last Friday as well but haven't interviewed or anything. I was wondering if the waitlist you were placed on was for an interview.

Yes, I interviewed before I got the “hold” email. I was put on the waitlist for acceptance.

2 minutes ago, M31582 said:

Congrats!! Did you notice if your portal cleared out all of the interview information? And did you receive a phone call as well?

Thank you! My portal is cleared. I didn't receive a phone call so I was fairly surprised when I was checking my email. 

Hi everyone. Thought I'd add my experience if it would give anyone insight. I submitted my secondary August 20th, was offered an interview September 8th, I interviewed October 13th, and received an acceptance call November 2nd.

Best of luck to everyone else this cycle!

Hi everyone! I was thinking of applying to this program but since many of you have been interviewed AND accepted, will it be a good investment to apply this late in the cycle? Considering there is a $65 fee and GRE to send, plus the CASPA fee, I'm not even sure that they will even need more interviews this late! Should I email asking any update? ANY advice is appreciated!!

14 hours ago, prepa1212 said:

Hi everyone! I was thinking of applying to this program but since many of you have been interviewed AND accepted, will it be a good investment to apply this late in the cycle? Considering there is a $65 fee and GRE to send, plus the CASPA fee, I'm not even sure that they will even need more interviews this late! Should I email asking any update? ANY advice is appreciated!!

My best guess is this late in the cycle you will be fighting an uphill battle. If you feel your application is strong enough, you can still try. Strangely enough, I applied late to upstate (days before the deadline) in a previous cycle with a relatively competitive application and still received an interview (the very last interview), but I was rejected. While my interview skills weren’t great at that point being my first interview, there weren’t many seats open at that point. This time around I applied in August and was part of the very first interview date and was accepted. You can take that however you want, but I would say skip it unless you feel very confident in your application or you have the money to spend. 

Archived