2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, GDNPA said:

Hey all! Can anyone who has interviewed yet explain the interview process to me? I heard its two one-on-ones but I'm not too sure. How was the interview process if you have interviewed there? What should I expect/how should I best prepare? Thank you so much!

@GDNPA hey it's a really relaxed interview. Everyone is super nice. There is a group interview with students and then two one on one individual interviews with faculty and alumni. For me personally nobody asked any trick questions in the interview. They were pretty generic getting to know you kind of questions.

20 hours ago, GDNPA said:

Hey all! Can anyone who has interviewed yet explain the interview process to me? I heard its two one-on-ones but I'm not too sure. How was the interview process if you have interviewed there? What should I expect/how should I best prepare? Thank you so much!

Hey there, congrats on your interview! My interview was back in August and I was taken aback with the interviews. I wasn't asked anything regarding becoming a PA, why I want to be a PA, what is a PA....anything about the PA field. I also wasn't asked anything about my experiences. It was rushed and lasted about 10 minutes (each interview). I think 6-7 minutes was me listening to them! It was definitely a "chill" interview but I think this is a hard one to prepare for! I hope other people had different interview experiences than I did because I felt like my interview time wasn't taken seriously. Maybe now that they've had multiple interviews the process has gotten smoother.

@GDNPA

There are 2 one on one interviews that last approximately 10-20 minutes each and one group interview session. Show up 20-30 minutes early for the interview as there is an essay portion that you have time to write up until the very end of the interview. It is best to get it out of the way before any of the actual interviews. Also once everyone finished their essays it was nice to chat with the other applicants prior to the interview.

They split the whole group in two and one half does the group interview with current students and the other half does the one on one interviews. Then you swap.

For the one on one interviews they were very conversational. I'd recommend studying your application to the program and be able to answer questions about your grades and so on. Unfortunately as mentioned above there is not really any good way to prepare for the interview because it was so conversational. I prepped all the questions I could find online (close to 100) and was only asked one of them.

For the group interview there are a handful of 1st and 2nd year students. You answer some questions as a whole large group and then some split into two smaller groups.

The students who conduct the group interview also give the tour at the end. I'd recommend going on the tour. With the July group we got to see the cadaver lab and a well dissected spine on one of the cadavers.

Hey guys, I interviewed 8/17 and got accepted 9/26! It was a nerve-wracking wait, but we knew they weren't meeting with the Admissions Committee for awhile. Like everyone has said prior, it is a very conversational interview, especially the group one!

I know a few other candidates had different experiences on their one-on-ones (in terms of the focus of the questions). One of my interviewers knew everything about my file and application, while the other interviewer knew nothing about me, so I had to quickly summarize myself! One of my interviewers focused a lot on how to succeed in the didactic portion of the program. They emphasized the fast-paced, rigorous academic year, so make sure you convince them you can handle it and how you will succeed. You've already proven yourself by getting an interview, so congrats!

And like others said before, show up about 30 minutes before the interview to bust out that written portion! It's a nice warm up and having it finished will relax you so much more! Good luck everyone!!

On 10/24/2017 at 7:23 PM, KM2019 said:

Hold tight on the fb group! Our class president will make a page for you guys sometime during the winter. 

I was wondering the same. I was told December for the FB group. I am hoping to get a February 1st or mid-February lease and wanted to start coordinating for roommates!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:53 PM, lovesurg said:

called them yesterday they said that letters went out 2 weeks ago and if I dont have it by now its lost. promised to email me the scanned letter but did not do so

Did you end up getting that letter scanned? I might call later and ask as I was told about 2 weeks ago that I should be getting something in the mail as well.....

4 hours ago, AMG88 said:

Nope, anyone know if all the seats have been filled

They recently sent an email to the people who were accepted and there were 35 recipients on the thread. I'm not sure what they decided the final class size would be. But regardless there is still the possibility of being accepted off the waitlist if there is any movement. Hope that helps!

Hey! There were actually 36 recipients on the most recent email (if I'm counting correctly). They said the class size was going to be 4 more than last year's 32 student class size (so 36 students). Though as ag216 mentioned there is always the waitlist. There are people who accept admissions offers to multiple programs and then back out.

I know a student who graduated a few years ago from Weill Cornell and she was accepted off the waitlist.

Archived