2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sana1027 said:

Yes I’m planning on going! 

I really want to attend. But I have work until 4pm that day and I live in eastern long island. I emailed asking if it would be okay to arrive a few minutes late as the traffic at that time is going to be insane. I really hope they let me! If not, would anyone be able to give me a quick summary of the topics discussed? Please!!!

10 minutes ago, kmonjaras said:

I really want to attend. But I have work until 4pm that day and I live in eastern long island. I emailed asking if it would be okay to arrive a few minutes late as the traffic at that time is going to be insane. I really hope they let me! If not, would anyone be able to give me a quick summary of the topics discussed? Please!!!

Ahh lucky you’re from NY. I’ll be more than happy to tell you what was discussed if you don’t make it in time! 

Hi all!

I interviewed 9/14 (haven't heard back yet). I recommend going to the Q&A! Kristin and the other students (there were about 8 total) were extremely helpful and the environment for this discussion was more comfortable and casual. We also talked in the space where the interviews were conducted so it helped me to familiarize with the space. Good luck everyone!

On September 22, 2017 at 8:46 PM, kmonjaras said:

Very cool! I hope you decide to stay the weekend so you can see NYC outside of the interview haha! Hope you have a safe and easy trip to NY! :) 

I wish I could stay the weekend but hotels are way too expensive, so I'm leaving Friday evening. Thank you :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2017 at 2:33 PM, noblu said:

Does anyone know:

1) How many people are invited to complete the supplemental application?

2) How many people are invited to interview?

Thank you!! 

Not too sure about number invited for supplemental apps but at my interview 8/17, I’d say there was about 15 people!

14 minutes ago, month4 said:

Has anyone heard word of acceptances , waitlists, or rejections? I interviewed 8/17 and have heard nothing. I know they said we wouldn’t hear back a month after the interview so I’m guessing it’s not looking good for me...

I interviewed then, too and I also haven’t heard anything, but I know some people we interviewed with have gotten acceptance calls. I haven’t heard of anyone getting waitlisted or rejected though. It’s very possible that they wait until the end of interviews to distribute who is waitlisted and rejected. It’s my thought that they keep reviewing our applications during every committee meeting, but I’m not sure about that either. 

43 minutes ago, medlabscientist said:

I just called the program to ask how they go about notifying people if they are on the waitlist or if they got rejected, and the lady I spoke with told me that letters have started going out. So for those of us who haven't heard anything, we should be hearing something very soon!

Wow, thanks for calling and asking. This wait has been so nerve wracking. Hopefully, we hear soon then! Good luck!

3 hours ago, month4 said:

Has anyone heard word of acceptances , waitlists, or rejections? I interviewed 8/17 and have heard nothing. I know they said we wouldn’t hear back a month after the interview so I’m guessing it’s not looking good for me...

I interviewed 9/28 and I got an email that I was placed on the Alternate list. 

Archived