Jump to content

Pacific 2017-18 Application Cycle


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mssantil77 said:

So is there a certain amount of allotted accepted spots for each interview session in order to prevent spots from filling prior to the last interview date? 

I’m not sure about if there’s a specific number of spots per group. However, they stressed at my interview that every group will have equal opportunity to be accepted. So for Pacific I wouldn’t stress if you are one of the last groups.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, AlpineCX5 said:

I’m not sure about if there’s a specific number of spots per group. However, they stressed at my interview that every group will have equal opportunity to be accepted. So for Pacific I wouldn’t stress if you are one of the last groups.

Thanks Alpine, 

That helps me feel a lot better. Like many of us on here Pacific is the school that most represents my beliefs and values towards healthcare but I just can’t afford the plane ticket from Arizona and Hotel with only a 2 weeks notice from interview.....wish I could. So I was kinda freakin out because I didn’t want my finances to hinder my chances. But thanks again. I appreciate it. And congrats to those who have been accepted into the program. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just received a phone call from Pacific and am very excited to say that I have been accepted! Congratulations to everyone else who has been accepted and I wish the best for those with upcoming interviews. Pacific is great and really set the bar high for me. Thank you to everyone involved in the interview day, you made it a very positive and welcoming experience. I'm very excited to meet everyone and can't wait to get started.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, finnlau1 said:

Was put on committee hold just now - crossing my fingers! I absolutely loved the program and facility and everyone was so welcoming. We'll see!! 

Don't think that committee hold means the end of the road. I was placed on committee hold last year after my interview and here I am now. Keep your head high and fingers crossed! Anything can happen :) The thing that just sucks the most is waiting lol

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NewbiesAmbition said:

Congratulations to all have received interview dates and acceptances! 

I unfortunately just received my letter of rejection. As a first-time applicant I expected this out come but of course was trying to remain optimistic. 

Best of luck to all! 

 

 

Sorry to hear that, I haven't heard anything yet! If you don't mind me asking, did you receive your rejection via email or snail mail?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, finnlau1 said:

Was put on committee hold just now - crossing my fingers! I absolutely loved the program and facility and everyone was so welcoming. We'll see!! 

Have you interviewed yet, or is this something you received if they are still deciding whether you get an interview invite?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, tjl2888 said:

Have you interviewed yet, or is this something you received if they are still deciding whether you get an interview invite?

At the information session, they said that you would either get accepted, rejected, or put on committee hold after the interview. After getting put committee hold, you'll get accepted or waitlisted after the other interviews dates are done since they want to be fair to those in later interview dates. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Luxen said:

At the information session, they said that you would either get accepted, rejected, or put on committee hold after the interview. After getting put committee hold, you'll get accepted or waitlisted after the other interviews dates are done since they want to be fair to those in later interview dates. 

okay. so this is a post-interview status. I haven't received any interview invite. Starting to get discouraged because I won't get an interview invite. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I received my acceptance email yesterday!

I would encourage everyone who is on committee hold or waitlisted to take heart in the fact that Pacific University stated that they have dipped far into their waitlist in the past.

To those of you who received rejection emails, I just wanted you to know that some of the best paramedics I've met struggled to get into the paramedic program. When they were finally accepted, they soared!! I truly hope your perseverance pays off in your future endeavors. 

Best of luck to you all! 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Jrobssk said:

I just received a phone call from Pacific and am very excited to say that I have been accepted! Congratulations to everyone else who has been accepted and I wish the best for those with upcoming interviews. Pacific is great and really set the bar high for me. Thank you to everyone involved in the interview day, you made it a very positive and welcoming experience. I'm very excited to meet everyone and can't wait to get started.

Congratulations!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing you in class. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2017 at 0:47 PM, JCMALXMO said:

Don't think that committee hold means the end of the road. I was placed on committee hold last year after my interview and here I am now. Keep your head high and fingers crossed! Anything can happen :) The thing that just sucks the most is waiting lol

I was put on a committee hold this cycle as well. Based on your personal experience and those of your classmates, is it very to be accepted off of the committee hold? Or is it more likely to be wait-listed and then accepted off of that?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Psyched89 said:

I was put on a committee hold this cycle as well. Based on your personal experience and those of your classmates, is it very to be accepted off of the committee hold? Or is it more likely to be wait-listed and then accepted off of that?

I was on put on committee hold, then waitlisted, then accepted, however some can come straight off the committee hold. It varies so it's hard to say definitively.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More