Pacific 2017-18 Application Cycle

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, MEPA2B said:

There is no advantage over another candidate, based on interview date.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So is there a certain amount of allotted accepted spots for each interview session in order to prevent spots from filling prior to the last interview date? 

1 hour ago, mssantil77 said:

So is there a certain amount of allotted accepted spots for each interview session in order to prevent spots from filling prior to the last interview date? 

I’m not sure about if there’s a specific number of spots per group. However, they stressed at my interview that every group will have equal opportunity to be accepted. So for Pacific I wouldn’t stress if you are one of the last groups.

7 minutes ago, Luxen said:

Got an acceptance email just now! This was my number one choice. I look forward to possibly seeing you guys next year. Good luck to those with future interviews! 

Congratulations!!!! That's SUPER exciting!!!! Welcome to Pacific!!! Let us know if you have any questions!

24 minutes ago, AlpineCX5 said:

I’m not sure about if there’s a specific number of spots per group. However, they stressed at my interview that every group will have equal opportunity to be accepted. So for Pacific I wouldn’t stress if you are one of the last groups.

Thanks Alpine, 

That helps me feel a lot better. Like many of us on here Pacific is the school that most represents my beliefs and values towards healthcare but I just can’t afford the plane ticket from Arizona and Hotel with only a 2 weeks notice from interview.....wish I could. So I was kinda freakin out because I didn’t want my finances to hinder my chances. But thanks again. I appreciate it. And congrats to those who have been accepted into the program. 

I just received a phone call from Pacific and am very excited to say that I have been accepted! Congratulations to everyone else who has been accepted and I wish the best for those with upcoming interviews. Pacific is great and really set the bar high for me. Thank you to everyone involved in the interview day, you made it a very positive and welcoming experience. I'm very excited to meet everyone and can't wait to get started.

3 minutes ago, finnlau1 said:

Was put on committee hold just now - crossing my fingers! I absolutely loved the program and facility and everyone was so welcoming. We'll see!! 

Don't think that committee hold means the end of the road. I was placed on committee hold last year after my interview and here I am now. Keep your head high and fingers crossed! Anything can happen :) The thing that just sucks the most is waiting lol

1 hour ago, NewbiesAmbition said:

Congratulations to all have received interview dates and acceptances! 

I unfortunately just received my letter of rejection. As a first-time applicant I expected this out come but of course was trying to remain optimistic. 

Best of luck to all! 

Sorry to hear that, I haven't heard anything yet! If you don't mind me asking, did you receive your rejection via email or snail mail?

3 hours ago, finnlau1 said:

Was put on committee hold just now - crossing my fingers! I absolutely loved the program and facility and everyone was so welcoming. We'll see!! 

Have you interviewed yet, or is this something you received if they are still deciding whether you get an interview invite?

17 minutes ago, tjl2888 said:

Have you interviewed yet, or is this something you received if they are still deciding whether you get an interview invite?

At the information session, they said that you would either get accepted, rejected, or put on committee hold after the interview. After getting put committee hold, you'll get accepted or waitlisted after the other interviews dates are done since they want to be fair to those in later interview dates. 

1 minute ago, Luxen said:

At the information session, they said that you would either get accepted, rejected, or put on committee hold after the interview. After getting put committee hold, you'll get accepted or waitlisted after the other interviews dates are done since they want to be fair to those in later interview dates. 

okay. so this is a post-interview status. I haven't received any interview invite. Starting to get discouraged because I won't get an interview invite. 

I received my acceptance email yesterday!

I would encourage everyone who is on committee hold or waitlisted to take heart in the fact that Pacific University stated that they have dipped far into their waitlist in the past.

To those of you who received rejection emails, I just wanted you to know that some of the best paramedics I've met struggled to get into the paramedic program. When they were finally accepted, they soared!! I truly hope your perseverance pays off in your future endeavors. 

Best of luck to you all! 

23 hours ago, Jrobssk said:

I just received a phone call from Pacific and am very excited to say that I have been accepted! Congratulations to everyone else who has been accepted and I wish the best for those with upcoming interviews. Pacific is great and really set the bar high for me. Thank you to everyone involved in the interview day, you made it a very positive and welcoming experience. I'm very excited to meet everyone and can't wait to get started.

Congratulations!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing you in class. 

On 10/26/2017 at 0:47 PM, JCMALXMO said:

Don't think that committee hold means the end of the road. I was placed on committee hold last year after my interview and here I am now. Keep your head high and fingers crossed! Anything can happen :) The thing that just sucks the most is waiting lol

I was put on a committee hold this cycle as well. Based on your personal experience and those of your classmates, is it very to be accepted off of the committee hold? Or is it more likely to be wait-listed and then accepted off of that?

5 hours ago, Psyched89 said:

I was put on a committee hold this cycle as well. Based on your personal experience and those of your classmates, is it very to be accepted off of the committee hold? Or is it more likely to be wait-listed and then accepted off of that?

I was on put on committee hold, then waitlisted, then accepted, however some can come straight off the committee hold. It varies so it's hard to say definitively.

Archived