Pacific 2017-18 Application Cycle

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JamalehS said:

Good news to all of you still waiting! I just got invited to interview on 11/11!!! I am so very excited by the opportunity to come interview at this school and learn more about the program! 

So are they adding an extra session, or is this the third out of the 4 sessions?

32 minutes ago, MEPA2B said:

All of Pacific's interview days are on a Saturday...also, I'm a student ambassador for the third interview date on November 11th.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ok good to know. Thank you. How nerve racking! lol.. As a student ambassador, I’m curious... would you know anything about their choice of interviewees as far as GPA preference? I know the avg says 3.8-3.6.... I’m asking because I am a 3.5 overall and 3.4 science. Graduated with honors. Ultrasound technologist for almost 7 years in a hospital setting, shadowing and volunteer hours as well. Was getting discouraged about it. 

Ok good to know. Thank you. How nerve racking! lol.. As a student ambassador, I’m curious... would you know anything about their choice of interviewees as far as GPA preference? I know the avg says 3.8-3.6.... I’m asking because I am a 3.5 overall and 3.4 science. Graduated with honors. Ultrasound technologist for almost 7 years in a hospital setting, shadowing and volunteer hours as well. Was getting discouraged about it. 
I'm sorry, but I have no knowledge of the selection criteria for this year's admission process.

Waiting is the most difficult part of this process...hang in there.

4 minutes ago, MEPA2B said:

I'm sorry, but I have no knowledge of the selection criteria for this year's admission process.

Waiting is the most difficult part of this process...hang in there.

I didn’t think so but couldn’t hurt to ask.  I know.. it really is..not my first rodeo lol .. thanks again 

I have a little insight into this, my overall GPA is a 3.25, my science is a 3.6 and my last 60 is around a 3.7, I have just over 10,000 hours of HCE as a Paramedic/ ED tech. I will be interviewing on 11/4. I think as long as you meet the requirements you have a chance. No matter what, the right school will come along that's the perfect fit. It is my second year applying so don't lose hope just keep on keeping on towards the goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Bubalino10 said:

I have a little insight into this, my overall GPA is a 3.25, my science is a 3.6 and my last 60 is around a 3.7, I have just over 10,000 hours of HCE as a Paramedic/ ED tech. I will be interviewing on 11/4. I think as long as you meet the requirements you have a chance. No matter what, the right school will come along that's the perfect fit. It is my second year applying so don't lose hope just keep on keeping on towards the goal.

Wow... thank you so much for that. It certainly has given me more hope. I truly appreciate it! This is my third year applying but first year with my bachelors (there are very few schools left that accepted you without your bachelors). Isn’t that the truth.. where I’m meant I know I will end up. Fingers crossed it’s for this application cycle. And the best of luck to you on your interview! I hope you get accepted. Stay confident! You got this! 

On October 8, 2017 at 1:07 AM, Bubalino10 said:

Congrats on your interview! 

On 10/8/2017 at 0:07 AM, Bubalino10 said:

Did you make any improvements to your application that you felt helped you land an interview with Pacific?

10 hours ago, psych2PA said:

Congrats on your interview! These stats are quite similar to mine and Im still waiting to hear back! Pacific is one of my top choice programs I would jump for joy if I got an interview. Do you mind sharing when you were verified & when you sent your supplemental in? Congrats again! 

3 hours ago, tjl2888 said:

Did you make any improvements to your application that you felt helped you land an interview with Pacific?

Thank you, I submitted both the CASPA  and supplemental on 8/6 and verified on 8/28

I made improvements to my application by improving my GPA (as much as possible with so many units already), I was able to ask for letters of recs from people that knew me longer and better since I had been in my current position longer. I also changed up my personal statement by making it more personal and used some emotional experiences that have made me want to be able to do more for people. I also started to volunteer in my community more, something I had gotten away from with my busy schedule.  After I got all rejection letters the first year I really looked at where I might have holes and did what I could to fill them.

6 minutes ago, Bubalino10 said:

Thank you, I submitted both the CASPA  and supplemental on 8/6 and verified on 8/28

I made improvements to my application by improving my GPA (as much as possible with so many units already), I was able to ask for letters of recs from people that knew me longer and better since I had been in my current position longer. I also changed up my personal statement by making it more personal and used some emotional experiences that have made me want to be able to do more for people. I also started to volunteer in my community more, something I had gotten away from with my busy schedule.  After I got all rejection letters the first year I really looked at where I might have holes and did what I could to fill them.

Sounds great. Were your rejections after interviews?

On 8/31/2017 at 2:52 PM, MEPA2B said:

I'm a student ambassador at Pacific University's PA program. The first interview invites typically begin going out as early as 4 weeks from the interview date and as close as the week of. The first interview date is October 21st, so applicants should hear something around the 3rd week of September.

Good luck! The wait is almost over!

Hey MEPA2B! 

Im interviewing on the 21st and I could not be more happy about possibly staying in Portland with my family while attending PA school. I read on the website that >150 people interview for a class of ~60. How many interview dates are offered? Does admissions typically let the applicants know quickly after they interview? 

Thank you!

Sarah 

Hey MEPA2B! 

Im interviewing on the 21st and I could not be more happy about possibly staying in Portland with my family while attending PA school. I read on the website that >150 people interview for a class of ~60. How many interview dates are offered? Does admissions typically let the applicants know quickly after they interview? 
Thank you!
Sarah 
There are 4 interview dates.

Offers are typically made (via phone) the week following the interview. Please notice that I said TYPICALLY...I wouldn't want anyone to panic if it differed slightly ;)

Anyone that doesn't receive an immediate offer will be notified via email of their status (waitlist or declined) around the same time.

51 minutes ago, MEPA2B said:

There are 4 interview dates.

Offers are typically made (via phone) the week following the interview. Please notice that I said TYPICALLY...I wouldn't want anyone to panic if it differed slightly ;)

Anyone that doesn't receive an immediate offer will be notified via email of their status (waitlist or declined) around the same time.

Ok, very clear.  Are there any particular reasons candidates are offered one interview date over another? 

Archived