Pacific 2017-18 Application Cycle

I got an email for interview too! They were really awesome and let me schedule mine for a later date since the October 21 one conflicted with my schedule. So I will be interviewing Nov. 4th(: Here are my stats, just remember they aren't everything (:

sGPA: 3.8 cGPA: 3.8

GRE: 157v 152q 4.5w

HCE: ~1,100 hours EMT/ER tech, ~200 hours volunteer ER, ~60 hours shadowing

I also had around 200 community service/volunteer hours non-healthcare

Good luck everyone and hope to see you there(:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will also be interviewing at pacific 10/21. I have a good friend who just graduated from there who loved it so im excited! I lived in the area for 8 years so know it well, anyone interested in meeting up briefly the night before just to relax and meet each other for an hr or so? I did a meet up before my last interview and I do think it helped with how I went into the interview. Let me know and we can make it happen!

On 9/19/2017 at 8:37 PM, HighlandCH said:

Anyone applying to Pacific for the 2nd time? Just curious what you did to improve your application this year.

Good luck to everyone!

I am applying for the 2nd time this year. Had an interview and was placed on the wait list. 

I made changes throughout the year, gaining different PCE in an orthopedic outpatient PT clinic, taking additional recommended classes such as developmental psychology, and shadowing more PA's from different specialties. I also wrote a new narrative to reflect how I have grown since not getting in last year. Additionally, my letters of recommendation have come from different people including 2 PA's from different specialties, 1 academic and 1 clinic director. 

[mention=130777]MEPA2B[/mention] Thank you so much for your insight!! I've been reading through your answers to everyones questions.... very helpful. I just got an interview for October 21st! The program sounds amazing.
Congratulations!

I'm a student ambassador on 10/21, so don't be a stranger and say hi :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, NewbiesAmbition said:

Congratulations to all that have been receiving interview invites! 

If I may ask, how where all of you contacted for your interview? phone, email, letter? 

I appreciate any feedback. 

Thank you and good luck to everyone!  

Pacific sends out invitations via email.

30 minutes ago, Possle said:

Does the school hold one interview per month? So far I see 10/21 and 11/4. This school seems to have a great PA program based on its website info and exam passing rates. Hope to hear from them soon!

A current student and ambassador of the program said in this thread earlier that there will be 4 interview sessions that are being held every 2 weeks. There have only been invitations sent out for 2/4 sessions. Invites can occur anywhere from 4 weeks to 1 week prior to the interview date but thus far it looks like they are sending them out 4 weeks in advance. I'm anxiously waiting to hear back from them as well!! Good Luck

Archived