Pacific 2017-18 Application Cycle

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still haven't received an "application complete" email... I submitted my application (CASPA + supplemental) last minute on 8/31, but my CASPA application was initially verified in mid-July when I submitted earlier applications. I know Pacific requires applications to be verified by Sept 1, but since mine has been verified once already, should I be ok? If anyone has any insight on this issue, I would be very grateful. Thanks.

27 minutes ago, leb64 said:

I still haven't received an "application complete" email... I submitted my application (CASPA + supplemental) last minute on 8/31, but my CASPA application was initially verified in mid-July when I submitted earlier applications. I know Pacific requires applications to be verified by Sept 1, but since mine has been verified once already, should I be ok? If anyone has any insight on this issue, I would b. e very grateful. Thanks.

I submitted the CASPA on July 4th and it was verified a few days later but it was in the first batch similar to your situation. I didn't realize there was secondary already available right away and with other secondaries having sooner deadlines I didn't submit this until 8/1. I received an email that my file was complete on 8/4 and I also called to confirm that everything was okay before the 9/1 deadline. I think if you submitted before the deadline you should be good and maybe they received a lot of last minute applications and sending confirmations. So maybe give it a little bit more time. 

Oregon is also stricken with multiple forest fires, and I read in the news that ash from the one near Columbia River Gorge is making it to Hillsboro and the last I heard it is 0% contained :(. I'm unsure if there are any evacuations that might delayed their verification process but it is a consideration. If you are concerned, maybe call their office. 

59 minutes ago, tjl2888 said:

I submitted the CASPA on July 4th and it was verified a few days later but it was in the first batch similar to your situation. I didn't realize there was secondary already available right away and with other secondaries having sooner deadlines I didn't submit this until 8/1. I received an email that my file was complete on 8/4 and I also called to confirm that everything was okay before the 9/1 deadline. I think if you submitted before the deadline you should be good and maybe they received a lot of last minute applications and sending confirmations. So maybe give it a little bit more time. 

Oregon is also stricken with multiple forest fires, and I read in the news that ash from the one near Columbia River Gorge is making it to Hillsboro and the last I heard it is 0% contained :(. I'm unsure if there are any evacuations that might delayed their verification process but it is a consideration. If you are concerned, maybe call their office. 

All very good points--thanks! The forest fire situation is truly awful :(

I think I'll give it a few more days and call if I haven't heard anything. 

[mention=130777]MEPA2B[/mention] Why did you choose to go to Pacific? Anything in particular that separated them from other programs?
There were many things that made my decision easy, beginning with Pacific's module based curriculum. I also love the fact that there is now competition within the classroom, so your not jockeying for an academic position with your classmates. The clincher was the atmosphere. Pacific feels like a family. The faculty and staff are extremely supportive. They are always available and answer our many emails late into the night.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I still haven't received an "application complete" email... I submitted my application (CASPA + supplemental) last minute on 8/31, but my CASPA application was initially verified in mid-July when I submitted earlier applications. I know Pacific requires applications to be verified by Sept 1, but since mine has been verified once already, should I be ok? If anyone has any insight on this issue, I would be very grateful. Thanks.
My recommendation would be to contact Leah Baldwin in admissions if you're concerned.

1 hour ago, MEPA2B said:

There were many things that made my decision easy, beginning with Pacific's module based curriculum. I also love the fact that there is now competition within the classroom, so your not jockeying for an academic position with your classmates. The clincher was the atmosphere. Pacific feels like a family. The faculty and staff are extremely supportive. They are always available and answer our many emails late into the night.

Hope that helps!

Could you elaborate on the module based curriculum? What makes it better? Everything sounds that the program is great community to learn and develop towards becoming a PA...which is great! I was reviewing the student profiles on the website and there was nothing but positive reviews! I'm anxiously waiting to hear back from admissions!

Could you elaborate on the module based curriculum? What makes it better? Everything sounds that the program is great community to learn and develop towards becoming a PA...which is great! I was reviewing the student profiles on the website and there was nothing but positive reviews! I'm anxiously waiting to hear back from admissions!
In a module based system you learn only one body system at a time. For example, right now we're learning renal and it's EVERYTHING renal...anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, etc. I find it easier to focus on one system at a time versus spreading everything out all over various systems at one time.

1 hour ago, MEPA2B said:

In a module based system you learn only one body system at a time. For example, right now we're learning renal and it's EVERYTHING renal...anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, etc. I find it easier to focus on one system at a time versus spreading everything out all over various systems at one time.

Oh that makes sense. How is gross anatomy done? Is it computerized or do we dissect cadavers? What are the facilities like?  

Oh that makes sense. How is gross anatomy done? Is it computerized or do we dissect cadavers? What are the facilities like?  
Aside from lecture, gross anatomy is conducted in the cadaver lab. Great facilities! Pacific typically has 8 cadavers available in the lab each year.

How much of the campus do we get to see on interview day?

What are the clinical rotation opportunities like?
On interview day you'll get a tour of the Hillsboro campus and the facilities.

In regards to the clinical opportunities, there's not much I can tell you as they change from year to year. However, I can tell you that Pacific is a travel program with opportunities international and stateside.

How much of the campus do we get to see on interview day?

What are the clinical rotation opportunities like?
Most of the campus is shown during interview day, primarily areas more applicable to PA. For example most tours won't show the other health profession floors.

As for clinical rotations, they vary year to year, including international ones, but it is emphasized consistently that this is a travel course so be prepared to not stay local.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

On 9/12/2017 at 1:05 PM, JCMALXMO said:

Most of the campus is shown during interview day, primarily areas more applicable to PA. For example most tours won't show the other health profession floors.

As for clinical rotations, they vary year to year, including international ones, but it is emphasized consistently that this is a travel course so be prepared to not stay local.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

What do you mean not staying local. Like will rotations be sent out to other states? Could be in Portland?

2 hours ago, tjl2888 said:

Anywhere in the country, or do they try to keep you in the pacific NW?

They may try to keep you within the PNW, but do not count on it. Be prepared to be sent across the country to the Midwest, East Coast, etc. This is what they mean when they emphasize how this is a travel program.

6 hours ago, JCMALXMO said:

They may try to keep you within the PNW, but do not count on it. Be prepared to be sent across the country to the Midwest, East Coast, etc. This is what they mean when they emphasize how this is a travel program.

Do you have to arrange your own rotations, are is this set up for you? Even if they are outside the PNW.

21 minutes ago, tjl2888 said:

Congratulations and we're all thrilled for you!! Did you just receive them? Do you mind sharing your stats?

Thanks!

I don't mind sharing.

sGPA: 3.80
cGPA: 3.81
GRE: Verbal 163, Quant 162, Writing 4.0
HCE: 5000+ hours

PCE: 3000+ hours

If there is anything specific you were wondering about, feel free to ask. :)

Archived