Pacific 2017-18 Application Cycle

Hey everyone,

I know it's early in the cycle- especially for a school that doesn't do rolling admissions- but I thought I'd get this started. I finalized and submitted everything 5/22 and received confirmation shortly thereafter. Now for a long wait! How're everyone's apps coming? 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

My name is DJ, I'm a PA, and a Pacific graduate. I can only share in your excitement during this process, such an awesome time. If anyone has any questions about the admissions process or Pacific, feel free to send me a message and/or check out my blog documenting my experience.

www.djthepa.blogspot.com 

good luck to everyone! It is such an amazing experience.

DJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, jsprague1288 said:

Yes that's for sure! This is my second year applying to Pacific U, had an interview last year but fell short on the waitlist. hope this year proves to be the year. Good luck to everyone, the campus and faculty are amazing!

Did you make changes to your application this year? When do they start sending out interview invites?

I made changes throughout the year, gaining different PCE with another PT clinic, taking additional recommended classes, and shadowing more PA's from different specialties. I also wrote a new narrative to reflect how I have grown since not getting in last year. Additionally, my letters of recommendation have come from different people. We will see... I thought it was interesting that my calculated CASPA cGPA went down since last year from 3.68 to 3.65, even though I received an A in the additional class. 

I received my interview invitation on 10/28/17 for an interview on 11/19/17.

Hope this helps!

Best of Luck

I'm a student ambassador at Pacific University's PA program. The first interview invites typically begin going out as early as 4 weeks from the interview date and as close as the week of. The first interview date is October 21st, so applicants should hear something around the 3rd week of September.

Good luck! The wait is almost over!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Archived