Looking for recommendations for good prescribing software .  

I've seen Epocrates, Uptodate, Dynamed, these offer prescribing guidance and basic interactions

A new one is LotsofMeds - this one checks full patient data against drugs, like a full spectrum interaction checker which has not been done before.  It also has adverse effects comparisons which is very handy.

I doubt many providers would load all of a patient's meds into a standalone program to identify interactions; that's one good role for an EHR/EMR.

I use Epocrates to look up drugs, doses, etc. And torsades.org to look at drugs that can lengthen QTc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I doubt many providers would load all of a patient's meds into a standalone program to identify interactions; that's one good role for an EHR/EMR.

I use Epocrates to look up drugs, doses, etc. And torsades.org to look at drugs that can lengthen QTc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I totally agree the EMR should do this, but most of them do not do it meaningfully.   You'll get warning if you try to prescribe something, but you cannot iterate with other medications so EMRs are not really made for research.  Additionally, no EMR will check labs, kidney impact, age, etc and the interaction warnings (at least in epic) are pretty bare bones.  LotsofMeds does this pretty well , thanks for the pointer on torsades.org

LotsofMeds uses the same data as UTD. How is that different from UTD? 

UTD does not cross check drugs against comorbidities/labs/patient profile.  Its more of a library than a dynamic drug analysis tool.  Same data but used in a different way

Archived