Resolved

IMO, I wouldn't care if the letter was from the attending or the resident.  The resident doesn't even need to point out being a resident and if he knows your abilities/character better then the attending, then he would be the better choice.  As you stated, you could ask them both to write a letter.  Does CASPA only allow 3 references to be entered?  If so, then I would leave the attending out and use the resident, PA, and your prior supervisor. 

I would recommend leaving both of them out and finding an academic source to write your last letter. In fact, a lot of schools require that one of the letters be from a former professor or someone of the likes, so I would verify that.

With that being said, CASPA allows for 5 letters. So you could theoretically get both the doctors to write you a letter and a professor, giving you your 5.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you work with the resident more closely and they offered to write you a letter on their own, I would go with the resident as they could probably write a more personalized letter. Also the resident is still a doctor. No reason why they can't just write "my name is Dr. so and so" as opposed to "my name is so and so and I am a resident."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

You know, I might be a *little* sympathetic to when folks have posted a huge rant and then decide they want to delete it, even if it is against the forum rules to do so, but deleting a question about LORs? That's just... tacky? Paranoid? Something between those two.

• Upvote 3

You know, I might be a *little* sympathetic to when folks have posted a huge rant and then decide they want to delete it, even if it is against the forum rules to do so, but deleting a question about LORs? That's just... tacky? Paranoid? Something between those two.

Not my intention, however I may have written a piece of information that revealed my identity and I'd rather maintain my anonymity (others I work with use this forum). My apologies, I can revert it back slightly edited.