Pre-Requisites

Good afternoon,

I have a general question:

I already have my bachelors in Biology and meet most of the pre-requisites for most PA Programs. I am looking to take the rest of the pre-requisites but am not sure if I can take them as individual courses or if I have to apply as a transfer student?

I am looking at taking these courses at a college that has a Pre-PA Program. Would that increase my chances of other PA Programs accept those credits?

Thanks all!

You can usually take courses as a non degree seeking student.  You're only a transfer student if you are transferring into a degree program.

No one cares where you take them.  CC, University, online (with caveats), wherever.  The presence of a PA program at the university offers no benefit.

You can usually take courses as a non degree seeking student. You're only a transfer student if you are transferring into a degree program.

No one cares where you take them. CC, University, online (with caveats), wherever. The presence of a PA program at the university offers no benefit.

I wouldn't say taking them at school with a PA program has no benefit. I took my pre requisites at multiple schools, but did micro at a school with a pa program. The professor was a professor with the Pa program as well, and I got an interview based on how well I performed in his class. Probably not the norm, but you can't say "no benefit"

But all that to say as others say, take them wherever you can get in, and honestly wherever is cheapest. Doane University has a fantastic online program for health science pre reqs. I took biochem there and loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say taking them at school with a PA program has no benefit. I took my pre requisites at multiple schools, but did micro at a school with a pa program. The professor was a professor with the Pa program as well, and I got an interview based on how well I performed in his class. Probably not the norm, but you can't say "no benefit"

But all that to say as others say, take them wherever you can get in, and honestly wherever is cheapest. Doane University has a fantastic online program for health science pre reqs. I took biochem there and loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's less because it was at the same location as a PA program and more because it was actually a PA professor.  PA faculty that teach undergrad courses are definitely NOT the norm.

But sure, OP, if you think the only way you'll get an interview is to get lucky with the stars aligning like that then go for it.

Archived