2017-2018 Cycle

1 hour ago, healthy_fit_nerd said:

I just got my acceptance email!!!!! 

congratulations! All of your hard work has paid off. If you don't mind sharing a brief overview of how the interview went that would be awesome for us that have upcoming scheduled interviews.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, kristi said:

Congrats to everyone who got their acceptance emails!

I received an invite to interview this morning.

Submitted: 7/24/17
Verified: 7/24/17
Confirmation of receipt of application: 7/27/17
Invitation to interview: 7/27/17
Interview: 10/4/17

Kristi would you mind sharing stats?

On 7/27/2017 at 10:29 AM, Pez said:

congratulations! All of your hard work has paid off. If you don't mind sharing a brief overview of how the interview went that would be awesome for us that have upcoming scheduled interviews.

The interview was very relaxed. We first met with the director in a conference room (there were only about 15 of us), and she gave us an overview of the program and allowed us to ask questions. She was incredibly nice and welcoming. We then were called one by one to have an interview with a faculty member, which was really just a conversation for them to get to know you as an individual. All of the staff were very friendly. After the faculty interview we each met with someone in admissions to just go over our file and application (checking to see what you are missing, etc.). Then it was just lunch and a tour with the current students. The students were awesome, we sat and chatted with them for quite a while. Honestly, it was one of my favorite interview, I forgot I was even nervous! Good luck, just be yourself!

1 hour ago, emilynicole said:

Just got my acceptance email yesterday!!! I cried I was so happy!! 

Interview: 7/26/17

Acceptance: 8/2/17 

Does anyone know when we should expect the formal acceptance letter in the mail?

Congratulations and good luck to everyone!

Hey there, I got accepted from the first interview and my formal acceptance letter came within a week of the email! Congrats!!

• 1 month later...

Did anyone bring a guest with them to the interview day? During my original interview sign up, Salus University asked if I wanted any guests to accompany me to the interview. If any one can shed some light if Salus was interactive with the guests or if it was just a waste of 5 hours. My interview is on Wednesday 9/6.

• 2 weeks later...

Any update for September 6th interviewers?

i am from cali, so I flew into Pennsylvania International Airport and then got a cab to Center City (I stayed at th Hilton/doubletree). I chose to uber to Salus from Center City, it was approximately a 13 mile ride, but traffic is pretty moderate at the 7:00 am hour, so leave with plenty of time to spare. It took me about 40-50 minutes to get to Salus from my hotel. Also, be prepared to pay surge fees for Uber, my ride was like 50-60$. 

On 9/20/2017 at 10:44 AM, athompson said:

Hi Everyone!
I just scheduled my interview for October 11th. I am from Wisconsin, so I am not familiar with the area. I am just curious as to what hotels everyone stayed in and how you got to the interview? Thank you!

I'm a southerner, so I was also very unfamiliar with the area. I stayed at the Extended Stay America in Horsham and rented a car for the entirety of my trip. I believe I left ~40 minutes before the interview events started and still had plenty of time to spare. Good luck!

3 hours ago, Pez said:

Any update for September 6th interviewers?

i am from cali, so I flew into Pennsylvania International Airport and then got a cab to Center City (I stayed at th Hilton/doubletree). I chose to uber to Salus from Center City, it was approximately a 13 mile ride, but traffic is pretty moderate at the 7:00 am hour, so leave with plenty of time to spare. It took me about 40-50 minutes to get to Salus from my hotel. Also, be prepared to pay surge fees for Uber, my ride was like 50-60$. 

I interviewed on 9/13 and haven't heard anything yet 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2017 at 11:44 AM, athompson said:

Hi Everyone!
I just scheduled my interview for October 11th. I am from Wisconsin, so I am not familiar with the area. I am just curious as to what hotels everyone stayed in and how you got to the interview? Thank you!

I'm interviewing for Oct 11th as well. Have you booked a hotel yet? Do you mind sharing some info? I'm struggling to find out which hotel to stay as they all seem kind of far away from the school.

39 minutes ago, Saradinus said:

I'm interviewing for Oct 11th as well. Have you booked a hotel yet? Do you mind sharing some info? I'm struggling to find out which hotel to stay as they all seem kind of far away from the school.

Hi! Congrats :) I'll see you there!

I am flying into Philadelphia and then renting a car at the airport. I actually went to Salus University's main webpage and found one of the area hotels they listed (https://www.salus.edu/Admissions/Visit-Campus/Area-Hotels.aspx). I believe I ended up choosing one in Fort Washington, but yeah, the hotels are all pretty distant from the University.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

1 hour ago, Saradinus said:

I stayed at a Fairfield Inn and Suites in Willow Grove. It was ~5 miles from the school, and they offered a Salus University room rate. 

Thank you athompson and kristi! I checked the area hotels and unfortunately most of them with Salus University room rate are fully booked. I booked a hotel at around the Philadelphia City Avenue.  If anyone is staying in the same area for interview on Oct 11th and would like to share a taxi or uber to the university, let me know!    Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia City Avenue

• 2 weeks later...

Archived